Builds Introducing FZJ 80 "Dingo" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is a machinery paint. I bought it from a local (PNW) paint supplier called Cloverdale. Any good paint company should have a version of it. The one I used is a quick drying variety that is perfect for someone without a booth as you limit the time that dust etc can stick. The only real issue is getting a good “wet” coat to get the sheen uniform. My 80 wasn’t perfect,but it wasn’t gold anymore either:)

Before and after:

View attachment 1882476

View attachment 1882477
That looks great! So is it a flat, non-textured, paint, not a liner? I spent some time about 20 years ago, refinishing furniture, clear coat in paint booth... I was looking at doing a liner, but also curious about these new flat stock paint jobs I've been seeing on trucks. As a side note, I built a DJ console in the mid nineties and finished it with bed liner instead of traditional carpet, first one that I know of...

That looks great! So is it a flat, non-textured, paint, not a liner? I spent some time about 20 years ago, refinishing furniture, clear coat in paint booth... I was looking at doing a liner, but also curious about these new flat stock paint jobs I've been seeing on trucks. As a side note, I built a DJ console in the mid nineties and finished it with bed liner instead of traditional carpet, first one that I know of...
For similar results I've used Rustoleum in quarts, cut with acetone. Sprayed with a hvlp gun it has a satin finish:
logo-light-jpg.261612

front-fender-paint-jpg.261619

Bedliners is for truck beds. There. I’ve said it!

The paint I used was supposed to be glossy, but due to dry time, thickness of coat etc it did come out a bit more matte. I was ahead of my time with that. If you’ve sprayed furniture, you’d be fine spray automotive paint too. Just do some research on mixing etc and go for it.

The 40 paint looks great Sherman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom