Introduce Yourself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@LoneRanger

R&A Automotive on Rte 66 is a very good, reputable shop that works on Toyotas. I highly recommend them. On a Saturday, they may be closed. If worst comes to worst, Findlay Automotive is our local Toyota dealership, on the East Side of town, behind the mall. They may not be cheap, but fairly reliable, and will give ya a "free" carwash.:rolleyes:

Thanks

New LC owner here. Just picked up a 92 FJ80 (250k fairly stock with an ARB front bumper) and have read a bunch of the tech posts in the recent days on general maintenance and upkeep. Lots of good info on here. 'Cept coolant, there seem to be some folks with a bit of anxiety over what's best and there's no clear answer. I'm interested in doing a 4xLabs diy rear bumper and a 2" or 2.5" ome lift after I go through all the mechanicals and make sure this pig is sound. I work with a dude who bought an $800 non running FJ80 last week also. Should be interesting to see how that thing progresses.

I've been in Az for a few years and have a 2013 Taco (4wd access cab w/OME lift and some other little stuff) as well. I spend a lot of time in the Az backcountry fly fishing, bird hunting (english setter) and a bit of big game too.

Welcome !

Hi everyone!
New member here, I just got a 2001 LX470 over the weekend. I had been looking locally for a while and never found anything that worked, so I ended up expanding my search to orange county, and found a one-owner LX that appeared in good shape (minus the seats, which seems to be a common issue). This is my first cruiser AND my first four-wheel-drive / offroad capable vehicle, so I'm very excited to see what kinds of new opportunities this will open up in terms of going camping with the wife and kids (two toddlers). I already had the pleasure of meeting Murf over at Camelback Toyota (awesome guy!), hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you in the future.

LX470.JPG

Back among the living and here for the first time since 2011. Been running two separate businesses and dealing with wife's alzheimer's. I haven't had time to even think, let alone work on Cruisers. Sold one business, and have good staff in my other one.

Still have the 40 (getting ready to do a disc brake conversion), and still have the Piggy, though with a little more work, it should sell for a pretty penny.

Hi everyone!
New member here, I just got a 2001 LX470 over the weekend. I had been looking locally for a while and never found anything that worked, so I ended up expanding my search to orange county, and found a one-owner LX that appeared in good shape (minus the seats, which seems to be a common issue). This is my first cruiser AND my first four-wheel-drive / offroad capable vehicle, so I'm very excited to see what kinds of new opportunities this will open up in terms of going camping with the wife and kids (two toddlers). I already had the pleasure of meeting Murf over at Camelback Toyota (awesome guy!), hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of you in the future.

View attachment 1286396
I have a 40 and I 2 months ago bought my 1st lx470. Also a 01. It's an awesome vehicle. This was my lx when I bought it and after a week of changes

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey all,

Newest member here, just moved to AZ several months the ago, and very excited to find this group! I caught the Cruiser bug a few years back when my bf bought an 80 and I fell in love (with the truck ;)). Spent a while looking for the perfect rig (living in NV at the time), scouring CA, CO, AZ etc to find a gem. I got extremely lucky when I found a guy selling his wife's 2004 101k CA/NV-owned LC only 8 miles from my house (she had upgraded to the 200). I've had it now a bit over a year, and never once regret selling the Civic (okay, tbh I do miss the gas mileage, but the trade-off is worth it).
igG1RyW.jpg

I've had this thing for a bit over a year and am slowly starting to learn how to do minor maintenance work on it myself (having no auto mechanics knowledge previously) thanks to this forum, and it's a fun project. Not kidding myself, though, I'll be taking this thing to Camelback for most of its care!

Will be modding somewhat (Gamiviti rack is on order!), but this is also my DD so I probably won't go too crazy right now. I'm not very experienced at extreme wheeling yet, so mods to this will be more for excursion/camping utility at the moment.

I met some of you guys at my first ever 100's in the Hills this year and had so much fun I've decided I need those types of people/activities in my life more than once a year, so here I am! Very much looking forward to meeting you all and learning about the best places for adventure around here. I'll also be trying to convince the bf that clubs are fun and he should bring along the 80...

good looking 100 series!

Who do I contact to renew my CSC membership? I still have the stickers on both the 40 and the piggy.

Hello. I'm new to Cruiser ownership, with my first being my '91 FJ80 I acquired a month ago. No luck in uploading a pic. :-(
So far, just one camping trip to Northern AZ which turned into a bit of a mudding adventure, and I'm happy with it so far.
I'm hoping to learn a lot from you veterans here, so don't be shy about sharing your experiences, cautions, tips and tricks.

Welcome @AZ91FJ80 you are one of a few 3FE trucks in the group. @Otter and @Dimples are the two most knowledgable people in our group when it comes to 91 and 92 cruisers.

Don't forget @Pitch of the Flagstaff contingent. He's also one of the key 3FE members.

Welcome! Always glad to see another tractor join the group.

Don't forget @Pitch of the Flagstaff contingent. He's also one of the key 3FE members.

Welcome! Always glad to see another tractor join the group.

Hello. I'm new to Cruiser ownership, with my first being my '91 FJ80 I acquired a month ago. No luck in uploading a pic. :-(
So far, just one camping trip to Northern AZ which turned into a bit of a mudding adventure, and I'm happy with it so far.
I'm hoping to learn a lot from you veterans here, so don't be shy about sharing your experiences, cautions, tips and tricks.
Welcome @AZ91FJ80 you are one of a few 3FE trucks in the group. @Otter and @Dimples are the two most knowledgable people in our group when it comes to 91 and 92 cruisers.

The more 3fe's the merrier, they are the only vehicles I can outrun in my fzj80.:grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom