1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'AZ- Copper State Cruisers' started by hj60, Mar 5, 2004.

1. AZ91FJ80

AZ91FJ80

Thank you!

2. murf

murf Lifer Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I just met Luis today and he has my dream 80: Desert Dune lifted 80 with the black collectors edition badging :cool:

Real nice guy that saved a beautiful 80 with some slight front end repairs to make it look like new again. He does nice work!

azcrackshot, Spamcheese and AZ91FJ80 like this.
  3. WalkerBar

WalkerBar

Hello Everyone,

My name is Walter and I am new to FJ80's and to ih8mud.com as well. I just got a 1997 Lexus LX450 that is going to need some work. Some of which I have started with the help of this forum. This old dog has 256,000 miles on the odometer and is pretty much stock. The motor and transmission seem to be in good condition and gets me down the road. She is no speed demon so I have decided to call her FLASH. I have no previous history on this FJ because I bought it at auction. So I am trying to base line the condition of the mechanics on it.

Here is a list of stuff I am doing and have done in the past 2 weeks to this new ride:

1. Due to noisy power steering and fluid leaks I have changed out the the power steering pump, all the hoses, cracked open the reservoir and cleaned out the nasty screen , flushed the system, added a power steering fluid filter. All went back together well and the noise is no long present.

2. I also changed the window regulator motor on the driver side rear window. I need to change the one of the drivers window but have not got to that yet.

3. I stripped out all the nasty old tint some one added to the beast. Cleaned and conditioned the front seats. The drivers seat will need some attention as there are rips in it.

4. I currently have some type of transmission fluid leak. I plan on addressing that soon. ( leak is centered around the transmission)

5. I plan on changing all of the fluids and checking for more leaks.

6. I ordered my first MOD . I have the CDL switch on its way. and want to do the Pin 7 by pass.

I look forward to finishing all the necessary repairs and meeting the group at a get together some time.

Thank you for all the information posted. I have a lot to learn.

Funner, AZ91FJ80, murf and 4 others like this.
  4. tls3601

tls3601

New member #407 here. I like almost all things outdoors, looking forward to meeting new friends and exploring. Bought my '78 back in 2013 for the purpose of exploring the desert and mountains. Have done LOTS of work on her since then....Tom Jerome1.jpg Rec'78.jpg

DTSkyCop, vegasfj40, Cdaniel and 3 others like this.
  5. Cdaniel

Cdaniel Undocumented Mechanic-Not CDAN SILVER Star

Nice to see another FJ40 around. We be rare in the mix these days.

tls3601 likes this.
  6. tls3601

tls3601

Thanks Dan, lets see some pics of your '77 @Cdaniel

7. Cdaniel

8. tls3601

tls3601

Great thread Cliff, mine is also a Dave Gore Shackle reversal, but it looks a little different from your setup. BTW how did you put more info about you and your rig that appears below each post?? Ex: Cliff(I'm not Cdan) Daniel @Cdaniel

9. Chrismanjs

Chrismanjs

Go up to settings (under your username) and add a signature.

10. tls3601

tls3601

Will try and post up some pics of my shackle reversal. Eventually I would like to upgrade/make my suspension my supple, but want to see how she rides with the extra weight of hardtop and doors first.................I know one thing; my rancho shocks kinda suck!

11. Cdaniel

For the record my original shackle reverse was a pre Dave Gore kit. His design doesn't suck.
    Now its my home brew SOA menagerie of parts.

12. tls3601

tls3601

No I think he did great work on the reversal, but I do think the Rancho's might suck!!!

13. tls3601

tls3601

@Cdaniel here are a couple shots of Dave's work; gorgeous welds! Also running his front bull bar and rear swing out carrier. Gore1.jpg Gore2.jpg

14. Cdaniel

Yep, Dave's top notch. I'm still running a trans mount/skid plate custom made by him.

Also, Bilstein over rancho.

tls3601 likes this.
  15. tls3601

tls3601

Have Bilsteins on my Tundra, any opinions on OME?

16. Diesel Cruiserman

Diesel Cruiserman Overlandtruckparts.ca

Rob I originally started Radd Cruisers before Woody even started this site...sold Radd and now hang with a pile of cruiser heads on Vancouver Island which we feel is awsome...

tls3601 likes this.
  17. Chuy

Chuy 07' GX470

Albums:
    Hello CSC,

My names Jesus, but I go by Chuy my life long nickname called by friends and family. Im a former 80 series owner and CSC member. Im just getting back into the Toyota world after a slight flirtation with a Zuk and a short term relationship with an Xterra. At heart I have always been a TEQ fan, and still preach from the Toyota bible anytime a vehicle is mentioned. Don't get me wrong Nissan was still my first fiance, but Toyota is life my long spouse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just picked up a GX470 (aka PRADO) last night after years of trying to find the best daily driver/weekend warrior SUV for me. I think I settled on a nice compromise but only time will tell. All I can say is that its nice to be back in the Toyota family and this vehicle brings me the same kind of joy as when I first purchased my 80. After test driving several around the valley I just had to pull the trigger on this one. Its not perfect but nothing rarely is. I hope to get this little beast up to snuff over the summer for some scenic trails and camping trips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~Chuy

18. lcgeek

lcgeek Glad to meet you!

Media:
    Welcome back. Always loved that color.

19. murf

murf Lifer Supporting Vendor SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    good you see you back in the Fold Chuy!

20. medtro

medtro

Welcome back Chuy! Congrats on the GX470.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">