Intro (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I grew up with FJ's in the jungles of Papua New Guinea and always wanted one just for fun here in the US. I had a weak moment and impulse bought an old rusted out '69 (price was right). Now the fun begins! The plan now is to get it running and fix all the drivetrain and shore up the floor in the tub. I kind of like the patina/survivor look and may just keep the outside the way it is.

FJ40.jpg

I also plan to use a secret weapon on the frame rust - my Son has a laser rust remover that works like magic! If people are interested, I can post up some pictures and/or video when the time comes.

Thanks for the add

Chris

Rust removing with freakin' lasers - hell yes!

I'm also a patina fan. No need to alert the bezel police, nice. 🚨

The laser is amazing. Since I do not know how to post a video, here are some screen shots of a 8 sec. video where we were playing around with it on an old dirty rusted exhaust manifold. It literally goes from rusted pitted metal to grey bare paintable steel in less than 8 seconds....plus it is kind of fun. You can change the frequency to remove the specific color of paint as well.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 155051.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-15 155012.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-15 155125.jpg

The laser is amazing. Since I do not know how to post a video, here are some screen shots of a 8 sec. video where we were playing around with it on an old dirty rusted exhaust manifold. It literally goes from rusted pitted metal to grey bare paintable steel in less than 8 seconds....plus it is kind of fun. You can change the frequency to remove the specific color of paint as well.

View attachment 3273196
View attachment 3273197
View attachment 3273198
There is no video on here, but if you post a YouTube video, it is playable on here

There is no video on here, but if you post a YouTube video, it is playable on here
This is not an indorsement etc. - just to show it in action. In this video he (my son) is burning off silver paint (hard color to do). It burns off rust way better/faster.

Hopefully in a few months, when I get to working on the FJ, he can post some videos to this site of it burning off 50 years of frame rust!

I have seen this on line. How much is the moonshine widget?

View attachment 3273196
View attachment 3273197
View attachment 3273198
I want one!

Unfortunately they are quite expensive ($20-$100+K) but lucky for me, my kid bought one for a side business and I get to play with it! It is the size of a washing machine with a corded pistol style hand piece on the end.

Sounds fun. Just don't point it at your buddy!

Looks good! You’ll have to bring it up to silver lake with us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom