Intro - Hi! + first question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1989 FJ62 and I have been looking at IH8MUD for help fixing my vehicle for years without creating an account. Finally registered for an account today and I think it’s going to be much better! I am replacing my vehicle’s water pump (in and of itself a difficult task for me) and I saw a broken part elsewhere on the engine that I can’t identify online anywhere. The tubing came off with the metal part inside of the rubber tubing. If someone knows what this metal piece in the photo is called I would be so grateful!

-Hargobind
IMG_4244.jpeg
IMG_4243.jpeg
IMG_4242.jpeg

I have a 1989 FJ62 and I have been looking at IH8MUD for help fixing my vehicle for years without creating an account. Finally registered for an account today and I think it’s going to be much better! I am replacing my vehicle’s water pump (in and of itself a difficult task for me) and I saw a broken part elsewhere on the engine that I can’t identify online anywhere. The tubing came off with the metal part inside of the rubber tubing. If someone knows what this metal piece in the photo is called I would be so grateful!

-HargobindView attachment 3405925View attachment 3405926View attachment 3405927
use this….

That part has nothing to do with the coolant system.

It is part of the EGR- emissions system, a valve that directs exhaust gases out of the engine into the smog pump / air pump back to intake for re-burn.

Air pump. Mine did that as well, didn't seem to affect it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom