Intermittent ABS/VSC/ATRAC strangeness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried to find it in Search, but came up with nothing...

Sometimes when we drive up a very steep driveway and stop, the ABS, VSC, ATRAC lights will come on. Usually turning the truck on and off clears it up. This time the shifter was locked and the wife had to use the unlock button to get it in R. She had turned the truck on and off three times to get the light on. Then it acts like nothing happened.

Where do I begin to look? It does need the transmission mounts replaced, but I can't figure out how they'd play a role...

we have the same thing: lately the parking pall randomly won't move - ABS, VSC, TRAC lights come on, and go off eventually when driving - this is all on flat land, though

found and cleared a P0457 code yesterday (small evap emissions leak), but have no idea how that should have anything to do with it

we suspect electrical shenanigans, since we also have random drops of the gas tank indicator, even when the gas tank is totally full

Last edited:
Is the brake fluid low? There is a brake fluid level sensor in the canister and if you park on steep driveway it would read low. This might also indicate low brake pads.

Is the brake fluid low? There is a brake fluid level sensor in the canister and if you park on steep driveway it would read low. This might also indicate low brake pads.

Brakes hardly have any miles on them (recently did new rotors and new pads), fluid level is fine. The first time it did it was before we did the brakes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom