Interior Tire Mount 91-97 FJ/FZJ80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just got an FJ80 and am looking for exactly this. I'll buy one once you're in production again.

Definitely want one too. This is the best design that I have seen and I love that it's adjustable for tire height.

I am in for one of these. Is there an option for passenger side mount?

I take it there’s nothing like this on the market anymore??
There is a shop in Kentucky that makes one but it’s fixed and not adjustable. Other than that not that I’ve found.

Time to resurrect this thread? I'd love to buy one of these if you make them again @Mtbcoach

My .02... I have the @LandCruiserPhil interior tire carrier in my 85 4Runner. It's a crazy simple stout solution. While it's not an easy plug and play installation in a 4Runner (drilling was required) it's still just a one-banana install. The tire doesn't actually mount to anything, it's held in place by the ratchet strap. I feel fairly confident in the safety of this solution since pro desert race trucks use this method. It will take up to a 35" tire in the back of a 1st gen 4Runner, which is about the max as it's much smaller than an 80 series LC or later model 4Runner.

Installation of the Interior Tire Mount.

Easy as one could imagine. No drilling or modification of the rig, 6 bolts to remove, 5 bolts to install. Here is all you need for the install...
file-126.jpg

Some pics to help, just in case. Here is the driver's side seat rail to be removed...
file-119.jpg

Remove these bolts...
file-120.jpg

file-121.jpg

file-122.jpg

file-123.jpg

file-124.jpg

file-125.jpg

Are you still making these?

Save your hardware, install the Interior Tire Mount to the two front, two middle and rear seat belt bolt. Roll the tire/wheel into place, use the 1/2 bolt, inside the wheel mounting plate, align it with the square nut in the channel and tighten. You are done.

Here is a quick video of how it looks in real time...

Torque specs for 12mm bolts = 14-22 ft/lbs, 14mm bolt = 25-40 ft/lbs

Pics of the final install with a BFG KM2, 315/75/16 installed on the Interior Tire Mount...
file-127.jpg

file-128.jpg

file-129.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-15.jpg

PM me if you have any questions...

Currently Not Available

Due to a new connection with a local laser cutter, I've decided to re-enter the market with this design.

I was asked by a fellow Olde North State Cruiser member to help come up with a way to mount his spare tire, other than building a swing out tire carrier. He had a 4X4 Labs rear bumper that is fully capable and ready for a swing out spare mount, he just didn't want to go that route.

So, after some thought and a couple Smuttynose IPA's, I came up with this. It uses the OEM mounting holes for the 3rd row seat rail on the driver's side. I also incorporated the 3rd row seat belt bolt which adds another level of security and stability.

The best part, it takes minutes to install, no holes to drill and is very stout. It also has over 3" of adjustability, allowing tires from 31-37" to be mounted inside the rear cabin. This adjustability allows the tire to sit on the floor and not rattle at all. The mount also allows one to slide the tire out without significant adjustment/removal of rear cargo, just tilt the tire/wheel away from the mount and it will roll right off the tailgate.

I'll offer them in two formats, Square and Round.

The Square...made from 1.5 X 1.5 X 0.120" square tubing and 7 gauge plate, exceptionally over-built (19 lbs shipping weight).

The Round...made from 1.5 X 0.120" round tube and 7 gauge plate, no compromise other than shape

$195 raw

Both will be available in the raw, for the end user to paint/finish as they see fit. Or, available powder coated in Satin or Gloss Black (other finishes available on request).

Now, to the good stuff, the pics...
file-130.jpg

file-135.jpg

file-136.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-37.jpg

Features of both...adjustability...This picture shows the Interior Tire Mount with a brand new, BFG KM2 315/75/16 tire on a stock OEM alloy wheel. You can see that it will adjust up another 1" and down 2" (3" total travel) to accommodate tire/wheel from 31-37"...
file-111.jpg

It has clearance to the 2nd row seats over 1.5" and 4" to the rear tailgate...
file-115.jpg

file-118.jpg

What comes in the box...one Interior Tire Mount, one wheel mount, one 2 X 1/2"X 13 tpi bolt, one 1/2" X 13 tpi square nut...
file-17.jpg

Bottom line...How much?

Your pick, round or square - $195 raw, + powder coating + shipping

PM me here if you are interested.

Currently Not Available

Due to a new connection with a local laser cutter, I've decided to re-enter the market with this design.

I was asked by a fellow Olde North State Cruiser member to help come up with a way to mount his spare tire, other than building a swing out tire carrier. He had a 4X4 Labs rear bumper that is fully capable and ready for a swing out spare mount, he just didn't want to go that route.

So, after some thought and a couple Smuttynose IPA's, I came up with this. It uses the OEM mounting holes for the 3rd row seat rail on the driver's side. I also incorporated the 3rd row seat belt bolt which adds another level of security and stability.

The best part, it takes minutes to install, no holes to drill and is very stout. It also has over 3" of adjustability, allowing tires from 31-37" to be mounted inside the rear cabin. This adjustability allows the tire to sit on the floor and not rattle at all. The mount also allows one to slide the tire out without significant adjustment/removal of rear cargo, just tilt the tire/wheel away from the mount and it will roll right off the tailgate.

I'll offer them in two formats, Square and Round.

The Square...made from 1.5 X 1.5 X 0.120" square tubing and 7 gauge plate, exceptionally over-built (19 lbs shipping weight).

The Round...made from 1.5 X 0.120" round tube and 7 gauge plate, no compromise other than shape

$195 raw

Both will be available in the raw, for the end user to paint/finish as they see fit. Or, available powder coated in Satin or Gloss Black (other finishes available on request).

Now, to the good stuff, the pics...
file-130.jpg

file-135.jpg

file-136.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-37.jpg

Features of both...adjustability...This picture shows the Interior Tire Mount with a brand new, BFG KM2 315/75/16 tire on a stock OEM alloy wheel. You can see that it will adjust up another 1" and down 2" (3" total travel) to accommodate tire/wheel from 31-37"...
file-111.jpg

It has clearance to the 2nd row seats over 1.5" and 4" to the rear tailgate...
file-115.jpg

file-118.jpg

What comes in the box...one Interior Tire Mount, one wheel mount, one 2 X 1/2"X 13 tpi bolt, one 1/2" X 13 tpi square nut...
file-17.jpg

Bottom line...How much?

Your pick, round or square - $195 raw, + powder coating + shipping

PM me here if you are interested.
Still selling these?

Too the many who have been requesting this mount, I apologize for my lack of responsiveness and replies to this thread.

I have undergone some life changing events in the past 24 months and have been unable to provide reliable supply of this mount.

HOWEVER...I'm planning to reintroduce this mount in the coming month(s) as I get my new space set up to build these again.

Once I get a handful made and on the shelf, ready for shipment, I will announce in this thread and do my best to provide the best mounting solution for the FJ/FZJ80 series in leu of a rear mounted swinger or throwing a 35" tire on the roof.

Thank you for everyone's patience :beer:

Too the many who have been requesting this mount, I apologize for my lack of responsiveness and replies to this thread.

I have undergone some life changing events in the past 24 months and have been unable to provide reliable supply of this mount.

HOWEVER...I'm planning to reintroduce this mount in the coming month(s) as I get my new space set up to build these again.

Once I get a handful made and on the shelf, ready for shipment, I will announce in this thread and do my best to provide the best mounting solution for the FJ/FZJ80 series in leu of a rear mounted swinger or throwing a 35" tire on the roof.

I’m in for one. Hopefully you are up and running as I post this.
Cheers

Please send an update when available. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom