Interior Tire Mount 91-97 FJ/FZJ80... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any updates on availability?

updates please!

I pm'd ya yesterday. Please let me know if they are still available, would much rather this than the slee pole.

It's back

Due to a new connection with a local laser cutter, I've decided to re-enter the market with this design.

I was asked by a fellow Olde North State Cruiser member to help come up with a way to mount his spare tire, other than building a swing out tire carrier. He had a 4X4 Labs rear bumper that is fully capable and ready for a swing out spare mount, he just didn't want to go that route.

So, after some thought and a couple Smuttynose IPA's, I came up with this. It uses the OEM mounting holes for the 3rd row seat rail on the driver's side. I also incorporated the 3rd row seat belt bolt which adds another level of security and stability.

The best part, it takes minutes to install, no holes to drill and is very stout. It also has over 3" of adjustability, allowing tires from 31-37" to be mounted inside the rear cabin. This adjustability allows the tire to sit on the floor and not rattle at all. The mount also allows one to slide the tire out without significant adjustment/removal of rear cargo, just tilt the tire/wheel away from the mount and it will roll right off the tailgate.

I'll offer them in two formats, Square and Round.

The Square...made from 1.5 X 1.5 X 0.120" square tubing and 7 gauge plate, exceptionally over-built (19 lbs shipping weight).

The Round...made from 1.5 X 0.120" round tube and 7 gauge plate, no compromise other than shape

$195 raw

Both will be available in the raw, for the end user to paint/finish as they see fit. Or, available powder coated in Satin or Gloss Black (other finishes available on request).

Now, to the good stuff, the pics...
file-130.jpg

file-135.jpg

file-136.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-37.jpg

Features of both...adjustability...This picture shows the Interior Tire Mount with a brand new, BFG KM2 315/75/16 tire on a stock OEM alloy wheel. You can see that it will adjust up another 1" and down 2" (3" total travel) to accommodate tire/wheel from 31-37"...
file-111.jpg

It has clearance to the 2nd row seats over 1.5" and 4" to the rear tailgate...
file-115.jpg

file-118.jpg

What comes in the box...one Interior Tire Mount, one wheel mount, one 2 X 1/2"X 13 tpi bolt, one 1/2" X 13 tpi square nut...
file-17.jpg

Bottom line...How much?

Your pick, round or square - $195 raw, + powder coating + shipping

PM me here if you are interested.
I would like to purchase a mount. markphillips111064@gmail.com

I'd like to purchase one if still available or if a used one is for sale. I'd sign a waiver if that would help overcome liability concerns. Such a great design!

Sorry, currently not in production...
Well Dang, so close to a solution and yet so far away. I wish I had bought the cruiser several years ago when these units were in production. Any idea as to the possibility of me going to visit the place you were having the parts for the "clock holder" produced at? Maybe they could at least cut all the brackets and whatnot for me??? Thanks for your effort on this, unfortunate that there are too many lawyers in this country. Also if you know of any club members at onsc that might have a spare one of these floating around that would be great too.

I just sold the one I had to another club member. If you are interested in finding one that @Mtbcoach made, I’d recommend posting up in the Olde Northe State Cruiser (NC) clubhouse. There are a few floating around and you never know when someone is changing directions.
FWIW, I loved mine while I had it.
-D

Its been done I believe.

I built a "swing down" tire carrier w/ladder for a club member on his stock bumper although, he did remove the plastic to do it...

fj80swingdown3-05.jpg

fj80swingdown3-03.jpg

fj80swingdown3-06.jpg
how is the tire carrier secured when its up?

Currently Not Available

Due to a new connection with a local laser cutter, I've decided to re-enter the market with this design.

I was asked by a fellow Olde North State Cruiser member to help come up with a way to mount his spare tire, other than building a swing out tire carrier. He had a 4X4 Labs rear bumper that is fully capable and ready for a swing out spare mount, he just didn't want to go that route.

So, after some thought and a couple Smuttynose IPA's, I came up with this. It uses the OEM mounting holes for the 3rd row seat rail on the driver's side. I also incorporated the 3rd row seat belt bolt which adds another level of security and stability.

The best part, it takes minutes to install, no holes to drill and is very stout. It also has over 3" of adjustability, allowing tires from 31-37" to be mounted inside the rear cabin. This adjustability allows the tire to sit on the floor and not rattle at all. The mount also allows one to slide the tire out without significant adjustment/removal of rear cargo, just tilt the tire/wheel away from the mount and it will roll right off the tailgate.

I'll offer them in two formats, Square and Round.

The Square...made from 1.5 X 1.5 X 0.120" square tubing and 7 gauge plate, exceptionally over-built (19 lbs shipping weight).

The Round...made from 1.5 X 0.120" round tube and 7 gauge plate, no compromise other than shape

$195 raw

Both will be available in the raw, for the end user to paint/finish as they see fit. Or, available powder coated in Satin or Gloss Black (other finishes available on request).

Now, to the good stuff, the pics...
file-130.jpg

file-135.jpg

file-136.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-37.jpg

Features of both...adjustability...This picture shows the Interior Tire Mount with a brand new, BFG KM2 315/75/16 tire on a stock OEM alloy wheel. You can see that it will adjust up another 1" and down 2" (3" total travel) to accommodate tire/wheel from 31-37"...
file-111.jpg

It has clearance to the 2nd row seats over 1.5" and 4" to the rear tailgate...
file-115.jpg

file-118.jpg

What comes in the box...one Interior Tire Mount, one wheel mount, one 2 X 1/2"X 13 tpi bolt, one 1/2" X 13 tpi square nut...
file-17.jpg

Bottom line...How much?

Your pick, round or square - $195 raw, + powder coating + shipping

PM me here if you are interested.
Are you still making these

Thanks for your interest, unfortunately, I’m not making them now. I moved and am still putting my shop together. Hoping to get some on the shelf before I open up for sales again...

Thankd for your interest, unfortunately, I’m not making them now. I moved and am still putting my shop together. Hoping to get some on the shelf before I open up for sales again...

Good luck with the move / shop set up and please let me know. Any ballpark estimate on when they might be available?

I finally got power/cert of occupancy last week for my shop. I've got a bunch of set up before I make anything...give me a couple months since I’ve got my FJ-60 back on the road before I get into producing these again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom