Interior roll cage -Proffitts Cruisers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think it really depends on what the rig is used for -

75% Daily Driver
25% Trail
= internal

Full bore trail rig = exo

Personally I like the internal - it does not draw attention to the vehicle - while it protects the family!

Just my 2 cents

Tapage said:
awesome work .. nothing about the price on 60 roll cage . ?

DUDE! Check Proffitts, these guys are great-Durango60's price is prototype, I am all for a deal, but I like those guys in bus-I think they probably took it in the rear with Durango60s-but they were perfecting a product. Perfectly understandable.

Their price may differ now as I think it should as it is obvious the demand is there. Any way you look at it-if you pay more than the original-you'll still be getting a great deal

Proffitts is good work at unheard of prices from what I have been quoted on work I have wanted done.

give jeremiah time, he's working on pricing.

freightdog said:
I think it really depends on what the rig is used for -

75% Daily Driver
25% Trail
= internal

Full bore trail rig = exo

Personally I like the internal - it does not draw attention to the vehicle - while it protects the family!

Just my 2 cents

If you got a 60 series as a full-bore trail rig, then you're already *very well* acquainted with serious body damage and at that point an exo-cage would be close to worthless. There's no way to do a real exo-cage on a 60 seires without either going *through* the body to anchor it, blocking access to the rear doors, or bending up so much tube that the rig becomes really top heavy.

It would be cooler if the front mounts of the internal cage went through the dash much closer to the windshield. That would take up less of the interior room.

As for the top bar in the front, I think that the sun visors could be removed for that to be moved foreward. I have never used them and they look ugly anyway.

Height is a problem for me as well as I am also 6'3"

:beer:

Exiled said:
If you got a 60 series as a full-bore trail rig, then you're already *very well* acquainted with serious body damage and at that point an exo-cage would be close to worthless. There's no way to do a real exo-cage on a 60 seires without either going *through* the body to anchor it, blocking access to the rear doors, or bending up so much tube that the rig becomes really top heavy.

I don't really feel the same....Everytime we were on the trail the 80s exo saved it at every corner...

That is because you wheel in mud :flipoff2:

fj803fe said:
DUDE!

Proffitts is good work at unheard of prices from what I have been quoted on work I have wanted done.

You just never get around to having bumpers made!

Moab is mostly rock ;)

Besides, the difference between Rock and Mud is just timing anyway :flipoff2:

no. Moab is just one big rock....I can't wait to get out there someday...should only cost about a zillion dollars in gas to get there.

Only 300 miles for me :flipoff2:

That cage in that 80 is awesome. Something is just kinda wrong about a full cage with leather seats. I would love to have something like that one day when my 80 becomes a trail only rig.

mooker82 said:
That cage in that 80 is awesome. Something is just kinda wrong about a full cage with leather seats. I would love to have something like that one day when my 80 becomes a trail only rig.

The issue for me about roll cage, exo cage, is the weight .. in mud is very important, heavy mud I mean ..

Our TLC well we know .. much weight in fact plus exo cage .. :eek:

If I cut my roof I go with good rollcage, but trying deal with a less weight ..

freightdog said:
You just never get around to having bumpers made!

I never get around to doing anything I WANT to do-only what I must do--DAMN WORK!!!!

its that or I am a :princess:. :flipoff2:

fj803fe said:
I never get around to doing anything I WANT to do-only what I must do--DAMN WORK!!!!

its that or I am a :princess:. :flipoff2:

You are not a :princess: - the way you wheel!

Looks like the 60 is sold!

Jeongwha wants to get a 4runner...

which means I get to build the 40!

Now to get Jonathan to buy the trailer...

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I'm sorry this has taken me so long everyone. We are so busy, I haven't had time to get on the boards at all.

That cage is going to be available early next year, and will probably run $900. It is made from 1 3/4 .0120 O.D. tubing, and bolts to the floor with 3/16 laser cut feet that double up and sandwich the floor. Frame tie-in kits are available for $50 each.

Jeremiah

Can you make a version of the cage that puts the front top bar farther foreward, possibly eliminating the sun visors? I would need it farther foreward than that because of my height. Also because of that, I don't use the visors. Just an idea.

Thanks

:beer:

We can't move it much farther forward because at that point, the tube starts bending down, and it would lower the spreader.

To answer a previous question, the rearward most leg of the cage is there for two reasons,
1. the cage is stronger being shorter
2. If the leg was back more, it would block the rear window washer reservior and cubby opening.

proffittscruisers said:
I'm sorry this has taken me so long everyone. We are so busy, I haven't had time to get on the boards at all.

That cage is going to be available early next year, and will probably run $900. It is made from 1 3/4 .0120 O.D. tubing, and bolts to the floor with 3/16 laser cut feet that double up and sandwich the floor. Frame tie-in kits are available for $50 each.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah -

Nice work on the bumpers too -

Need to get up and talk with you -

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom