Interest in scanning 80 series non-US repair manuals? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DivByZero

SILVER Star
Threads
I always like to have access to good information when I'm working on my vehicles, and as part of this effort I've always been on the lookout for the genuine repair/service manuals published by Toyota. I'm in Australia, so we have a different set of manuals from the US, which as I understand it cover the 80 series as it exists for basically every market except the US. The repair manuals I'm talking about look something like this:
toyota-land-cruiser.jpg

One problem with these manuals is they often exist as a base manual, with a set of supplements, which are basically amendments that change, extend, or otherwise modify information in the previous manuals. If you're working on, for example like I am, a 1996 model, that means you can require a base manual followed by a whole chain of supplements to get accurate information on your particular car. A lot of these manuals are not currently available online, and often are very hard to find for purchase either. That's a problem, especially for things like the wiring diagrams, where you really want accurate information and it can be hard to figure out what's changed.

Over the years I've acquired a fair set of the 80 series repair manuals and wiring diagrams. As in, pretty much all of them. Here's what I currently own good condition physical copies of:
RM184E - Repair Manual for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, Jan 1990
RM290E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, Jan 1992
RM315E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, Aug 1992
RM434E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, Jan 1995
RM534M - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, May 1996 (German :confused:. Want the RM534E still.)
RM172E - 1PZ, 1HZ, 1HD-T Engine Repair Manual, Feb 1990
EWD090F - Electrical Wiring Diagram, Jan 1990
EWD114F - Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Dec 1990
EWD169F - Electrical Wiring Diagram, Aug 1992
EWD232F - Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Jan 1995
EWD272F - Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Aug 1996

Since I had an LN106 Hilux before my 80, I also have a slew of manuals for that. I believe I've got physical copies of the following, although I may have a few more (need to doublecheck):
RM122E - Repair Manual for Chassis & Body, Hilux, Aug 1988
RM227E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1990
RM264E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1991
RM316E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1992
RM370E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1993
RM419E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1994
RM123E - 2L, 3L Engine Repair Manual, Aug 1988
RM168E - 2L & 3L Engine Repair Manual Supplement, Oct 1989
RM520E - 2L, 3L Engine Repair Manual, Apr 1996
EWD140F - Hilux/4Runner Electrical Wiring Diagram, Aug 1991
EWD194F - Hilux/4Runner Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Aug 1993

And there are a few odd ones I got along the way:
36251E - L, 2L, 2L-T Engine Repair Manual, Aug 1984
RM164E - 3S-GE, 3S-GTE, 5S-FE Engine Repair Manual, Nov 1989
36268E - G40, G44, G50, G52, G53, G54 Transmission Repair Manual, Dec 1982
RM141E - G40, G45, G50, G52, G53, G54, G55, G56, G57, G68 Transmission Repair Manual, Aug 1988

So I can't do anything about it now, but in a few weeks I may have the opportunity to start putting these through the scanner. It'll take awhile, but I could potentially scan all of them. My questions are basically:
1. Is there any interest from people here in me doing this?
2. If I do scan these, can I post them/talk about them here, or will it get me in trouble with the moderators?

Last edited:
Great, thanks guys. As I said it'll be a few weeks before I can start (away from home right now). If there are any special requests of what to scan first, feel free to make it here. There are a lot of pages in these manuals so the scanning will probably happen in fits and bursts over a fair while.

Also, if anyone has RM534E (May 1996 supplement) tucked away somewhere, please contact me! I'll pay a decent price for it, and I'll scan and upload it for everyone afterwards.

Please do it!!!

Great, thanks guys. As I said it'll be a few weeks before I can start (away from home right now). If there are any special requests of what to scan first, feel free to make it here. There are a lot of pages in these manuals so the scanning will probably happen in fits and bursts over a fair while.

Also, if anyone has RM534E (May 1996 supplement) tucked away somewhere, please contact me! I'll pay a decent price for it, and I'll scan and upload it for everyone afterwards.

I have a special request:

- EWD114F;
- EWD090F; and
- EWD169F, in that order.

I am going to be digging into swapping a the powertrain from a 1991 HDJ81 to a 1991 FJ80 this summer/fall and would love to get access to these diagrams. If you do get the chance to do this, it would be much appreciated. I have an engine wiring loom from an HDJ80 1HDT but I don't know the year.

Cheers

I always like to have access to good information when I'm working on my vehicles, and as part of this effort I've always been on the lookout for the genuine repair/service manuals published by Toyota. I'm in Australia, so we have a different set of manuals from the US, which as I understand it cover the 80 series as it exists for basically every market except the US. The repair manuals I'm talking about look something like this:
View attachment 2606550
One problem with these manuals is they often exist as a base manual, with a set of supplements, which are basically amendments that change, extend, or otherwise modify information in the previous manuals. If you're working on, for example like I am, a 1996 model, that means you can require a base manual followed by a whole chain of supplements to get accurate information on your particular car. A lot of these manuals are not currently available online, and often are very hard to find for purchase either. That's a problem, especially for things like the wiring diagrams, where you really want accurate information and it can be hard to figure out what's changed.

Over the years I've acquired a fair set of the 80 series repair manuals and wiring diagrams. As in, pretty much all of them. Here's what I currently own good condition physical copies of:
RM184E - Repair Manual for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, Jan 1990
RM434E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, Jan 1995
RM534M - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Land Cruiser, May 1996 (German :confused:. Want the RM534E still.)
RM172E - 1PZ, 1HZ, 1HD-T Engine Repair Manual, Feb 1990
EWD090F - Electrical Wiring Diagram, Jan 1990
EWD114F - Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Dec 1990
EWD169F - Electrical Wiring Diagram, Aug 1992
EWD232F - Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Jan 1995
EWD272F - Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Aug 1996

Since I had an LN106 Hilux before my 80, I also have a slew of manuals for that. I believe I've got physical copies of the following, although I may have a few more (need to doublecheck):
RM122E - Repair Manual for Chassis & Body, Hilux, Aug 1988
RM227E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1990
RM264E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1991
RM316E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1992
RM370E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1993
RM419E - Repair Manual Supplement for Chassis & Body, Hilux & 4Runner, Aug 1994
RM123E - 2L, 3L Engine Repair Manual, Aug 1988
RM168E - 2L & 3L Engine Repair Manual Supplement, Oct 1989
RM520E - 2L, 3L Engine Repair Manual, Apr 1996
EWD140F - Hilux/4Runner Electrical Wiring Diagram, Aug 1991
EWD194F - Hilux/4Runner Electrical Wiring Diagram Supplement, Aug 1993

And there are a few odd ones I got along the way:
36251E - L, 2L, 2L-T Engine Repair Manual, Aug 1984
RM164E - 3S-GE, 3S-GTE, 5S-FE Engine Repair Manual, Nov 1989
36268E - G40, G44, G50, G52, G53, G54 Transmission Repair Manual, Dec 1982
RM141E - G40, G45, G50, G52, G53, G54, G55, G56, G57, G68 Transmission Repair Manual, Aug 1988

So I can't do anything about it now, but in a few weeks I may have the opportunity to start putting these through the scanner. It'll take awhile, but I could potentially scan all of them. My questions are basically:
1. Is there any interest from people here in me doing this?
2. If I do scan these, can I post them/talk about them here, or will it get me in trouble with the moderators?
Hi,

Any progress with scanning these manuals? I'd be interested especially in:

I hope you find time for it. Thanks!

No progress yet, sorry. Stuck in lockdown right now, with four young kids at home. Makes getting anything done pretty much impossible. Hopefully things will change some time soon and I'll be able to get started on this.

No progress yet, sorry. Stuck in lockdown right now, with four young kids at home. Makes getting anything done pretty much impossible. Hopefully things will change some time soon and I'll be able to get started on this.
Oh, I see. Things are different in my part of the world, now we're enjoying some freedom and summer vacations. I wish you all the best and patience with kids. ;)

No progress yet, sorry. Lockdown has ended here and the kids are back at school as of two weeks ago, but still catching up on a bunch of stuff. No ETA right now, but I'll make a start when things are settled.

RM123E would be super super helpful, as would RM419E and any of the Hilux stuff really! Just got a 94 Hilux LN106 and struggling to find resources in the US

I have the RM184E, but any supplements relevant to a 1997 HDJ80 would certainly be helpful.
Same goes for the RM437E for the 1HD-FT, I have the manual, but could use any pertinent supplements for 1997 model year.
Only EWD I have is the one in the RM184E, which I can only imagine has an update for my car, so if you have that......

The real treasure I'm seeking is the ERM111E, which is the Emissions System Service Manual for a Euro-spec 1HD-FT. Seems to be unobtanium. If anyone has one, printed or electronic, please let me know.

thanks!

Last edited:
The real treasure I'm seeking is the ERM111E, which is the Emissions System Service Manual for a Euro-spec 1HD-FT. Seems to be unobtanium. I anyone has one, printed or electronic, please let me know.
Funny you should mention that manual, as I currently have one on the way from the UK. I'll let you know when it arrives.

I'm currently in the process of sorting through a ton of material, please bear with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom