Intercooler for TRD Supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is the vacuum at idle?

With that barbeque grill on top now it's hard to say. The brake booster port would be available still.

With that barbeque grill on top now it's hard to say. The brake booster port would be available still.

LOL, yes it does look like I could cook up some mean burgers on that thing, I will have to go get the gauge from my buddies house, what should it read? and if it is low (which I suspect) what then?

Thanks
Seth

At ~5,000 feet mine reads ~17 inches at idle. If it is low you have a vacuum leak someplace.

At ~5,000 feet mine reads ~17 inches at idle. If it is low you have a vacuum leak someplace.

ok, I will get the gauge and let you know

Thanks
Seth

Thanks Dan, vacum leak found. Holy cow this intercooler makes my truck almost fast, runs considerably better. Was worth the effort. Now to come up with a way to seal the intercooler to the hood. Do any of you know of any super thick gasket I could use??

A side effect of no vacum leaks is amazing brakes!!!!!! Holy cow my truck stops now :)

Thanks all, I love this forum :)

Sethro

Sledge,

I missed something in this thread, is that an EMS intercooler kit?

Thanks Dan, vacum leak found. Holy cow this intercooler makes my truck almost fast, runs considerably better. Was worth the effort. Now to come up with a way to seal the intercooler to the hood. Do any of you know of any super thick gasket I could use??

A side effect of no vacum leaks is amazing brakes!!!!!! Holy cow my truck stops now :)

Thanks all, I love this forum :)

Sethro

With your Subaru scoop so far forward, it might be difficult to get a good seal without making some sort of diverter plate.
I have the same scoop as you and in order to get it centered exactly over the Atoyot1031 intercooler, I had to place my scoop farther back than yours thus covering up the windshield washer nozzles. I had to move them outboard to either side of the scoop.
The supplied EPDM seal would not work in my case. The adhesive kept coming off (melted by the heat) so I found a lip mounted weather strip that had an EPDM foam rubber seal attached to it at a 90 degree angle from Reid Supply. I pressed that on the outer lip of the provided diverter lip and it works great.

Search for the thread "Intercooler kit for SC- gauging interest" started by Atoyot1031

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Last edited:
With your Subaru scoop so far forward, it might be difficult to get a good seal without making some sort of diverter plate.
I have the same scoop as you and in order to get it centered exactly over the Atoyot1031 intercooler, I had to place my scoop farther back than yours thus covering up the windshield washer nozzles. I had to move them outboard to either side of the scoop.
The supplied EPDM seal would not work in my case. The adhesive kept coming off (melted by the heat) so I found a lip mounted weather strip that had an EPDM foam rubber seal attached to it at a 90 degree angle from Reid Supply. I pressed that on the outer lip of the provided diverter lip and it works great.

Search for the thread "Intercooler kit for SC- gauging interest" started by Atoyot1031

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Thanks, I read the Atoyot1031 thread, thats a great looking set up too. I looked over at Reid Supply for the EPDM foam rubber seal and could not find it, do you have a direct link?
Thanks
Seth

Bumping this thread. Any news from landtank or sledge about an IC kit air/air?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom