Instrument Cluster Interchange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Click on the #1 in the diagram and it will bring up a list of parts. Scroll down and you should be able to see what I saw.

According to Rudi’s cluster thread...you have a very narrow window and it will depend on exactly what year of 40 the ‘79 cluster came from.

Rudi’s thread said the 3rd generation cluster will fit 40’s made from Sept ‘72 to Jan ‘79.

After that was the 4th generation cluster...Jan ‘79 to April ’86.

According to Rudi’s cluster thread...you have a very narrow window and it will depend on exactly what year of 40 the ‘79 cluster came from.

Rudi’s thread said the 3rd generation cluster will fit 40’s made from Sept ‘72 to Jan ‘79.

After that was the 4th generation cluster...Jan ‘79 to April ’86.

Thought 9/72-9/73 was a one year only cluster. Speedometer had turn single indicates but not the round plug for the wiring. Looking it up see shows 9/71-9/72 a one year only also.

Could be, I don’t really know. I just looked at page 1 of Rudi’s thread. Possibly later in the thread he corrected any updates. But from my perspective he is the Man on clusters.👍

Could be, I don’t really know. I just looked at page 1 of Rudi’s thread. Possibly later in the thread he corrected any updates. But from my perspective he is the Man on clusters.👍

Believe I remember a while ago checking my 2/73 FST to verify if it did have a different speedometer. But not 100% I did. At the time it was tarped outside. It's now has a garage space. The one year only cluster was of interest as the wiring is going to be a nightmare.
IMG_20200923_120956535.jpg
IMG_20200923_120947210.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom