Installing Power Seats 93' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello guys, long time no see but over the years my family and I have built the old 93 into quite a nice machine and its been Slee'd among a few other goodies and now it's time to install some power seats. Of course this should be a half banana job and plug in play from what I understand but as usual there is a problem. We found the harness for both sides and plugged them in and we've got nothing. I searched but didn't find much other than finding the harness and plugging them in. I'll continue to search after posting but in the mean time I need to know what direction to go to troubleshoot. There were manual seats in it prior and we've checked the fuses inside the cab and in the engine bay and haven't found anything wrong. I have just the basic voltage tester with the light and a multimeter on the way from the house to give me something to track down the issue but this seems like its something simple and right under our noses. Electrical gremlins are not my strong suit and the most involved mechanical work I've done on cruisers is installing a lift on my FJ so I'm not totally inept at DIY stuff so hopefully it's something easy for me to find.

I plan on starting a thread in the next few weeks on the rig but its essentially no different than the rest with ARB front bumper, Slee rear, sliders, ARB lockers front and rear but I'll post up pics and details anyway. I appreciate any help you good fellas can give and point me in a few directions to get this working.

Got the drivers side working after working trough the wiring diagrams but now after digging around everywhere I can't find the plug for the passenger side. I've looked under the carpet and console and haven't found anything that will fit. I did find one harness close to the right one but it doesn't fit and I can't find the exact harness in the book. I'll continue looking but I wonder if maybe the 93's didn't have that wiring harness I need on the passenger side or if there is an adapter I need to convert the plug that's close to fitting but won't. I appreciate yall helping me out.

can you post a pic of the plug you have on your seat ?

we just changed the control panel on our passenger seat in the 80, so I can look whether they are compatible

The plug you're looking for runs from the centre console, behind the shifter, to the center of the seat bottom, under the carpet of course !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom