Insert for factory suspension controls? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems at one time I saw a replacement insert for the factory suspension switch located in the center console. I am preparing to remove the air ride and front struts and would like to remove the switch. I know there is a factory blank cover that Slee has used in the past, but I remember seeing a replacement cover that provided a sort of pocket. I am hoping someone else here remembers seeing that somewhere and can help me find it. Part numbers would be even more preferable.

the Toyota part number is: 58839-60020

I'll put the other part number w/ pics here too just in case anyone else needs them when doing the conversion.

• 58839-60020 blank (approx. $10)
  • 58839-60040 pocket (approx. $12).

I removed mine and put in the flat blank vs. the pocket blank. Then I added my rear light switch to it. Worked great!

Thanks everyone. Now the dilemma of which lift kit. Does OME ride as awful as I hear. I was so close to pulling the trigger and got turned off by an undisclosed vendor. What do you guys think, really not ready to spend the money for Icons but I have to get rid of the bottoming out rear end???

I am also curious if you need upper control arms with the OME? I plan on keeping the factory wheels and getting 285/70's will I need to use a wheel spacer? I have read through so many different posts I cannot seem to remember. How big of a spacer if they are necessary?

OMEs work fine for casual offroading, they ride pretty decent IMO, it was one of my first setups on my FJ. They do not work for high speed suspension travel stuff as I blew out my OMEs quickly doing high speed desert runs. You do not immediately need UCAs for OMEs since it is not as drastic of a lift however the stock UCAs are not designed for the lift and the ball joint boots will get worn out and rip eventually

you may need wheel spacers to clear the 285 tire and the UCA, but putting a 1.25" wheel spacer may cause you to rub on the body mount, get the right offset wheels and you wont need spacers

Thanks 470SNC, if I get Light Racing upper control arms will I be able to keep my factory wheels without a spacer?

I've got the OME setup in the front and it rides great. Stiffer than stock for sure but still very comfy on road. Off road it does fine....i wheel in Ouray and that sort of stuff, not high speed desert, and no complaints.

Thanks Superduty! I plan to use my GX for the same thing as you, occasional off road and random trips to the Ouray area.
I assume you used the 885 springs? Do you have your rear "tricked" for now? What size tires do you have?

Thanks Superduty! I plan to use my GX for the same thing as you, occasional off road and random trips to the Ouray area.
I assume you used the 885 springs? Do you have your rear "tricked" for now? What size tires do you have?

Yea, I used the 885's and the 90000 nitro chargers but I put the ARB bull bar and winch up there too. This is the setup that ARB recommended. I'm running 18 inch wheels with 265/60/18 which I got before the lift but am kinda having second thoughts about that setup. I'd like to switch back to a 17 inch rim and put some 255/65 (or 70)/17 on there. The tire selection for 18 inch rims sucks....cant find any 255 size tires.

Rear isnt "tricked" yet.....havent gotten around to it yet but I probably will. Everything in the back is still stock for now, its all working fine so I'm not going to rip it out until I have no other choice.

I've got some pics up in the sticky at the top of the forum if you want to see what it looks like.

Your GX looks great, I love the ARB color matched. I am assuming the weight of the ARB and the winch brought the front end down a bit? You haven't replaced your upper control arms right?

CIMG0174.JPG CIMG0136.JPG I built my own winch mount for 9000 pound winch so I install 3" toyteck suspension front and rear for $1100.00 to be able to carry the weight of winch and the bracket and it works perfect .awesome ride very smooth actually it ride 10 times better than my friend M5 bmw . and I haul trailer with 4000 pounds of weight in it and stayed level .

I have seen your winch mount in another post, I like it. Was it the same company in AZ that built your sliders that built the winch mount?

I didnt take pre installation measurements so i cant tell for sure but even with the stuff up there I gained some height. Havent replaced the UCA's.

I'm confused about the part #'s. When I google them some say blank and some say hole? Which part # for pocket. I just want to mak sure its the right one

I have the part number for the non-pocket in my build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom