Input requested on best 302 EFI crate engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have an old 302 connected to a C4 and Orion that needs replaced. I have a Turbo City EFI so plumbed to and from both tanks. I would like to replace this engine with a new crate engine with current EFI technology. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

the ls based vortec motors have become the go to swaps, keeping an automatic in a fj40 may be difficult, the new ford coyote v8 is a good motor, but very few have been swapped and the width may be an issue.

you could get a low mile 5.3 takeout motor and trans reasonable, the biggest problem is going to be length,

The new vortec v6 2014+ (ls based direct injected) has 285hp and a 6speed auto, would be a shorter package and allow you to stay automatic, being that its ls based the aftermarket has harness and programing to allow you to customize to your application. I have been looking at this option of one of my 40's.
GM 4.3 Liter V6 EcoTec3 LV3 Engine
LV3 swap - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
General Motors :: GM LT1/LT4 Products 2014+ :: Wiring Harnesses :: #HVL435846 2014+ EcoTec3 4.3L V6 LV3-C Truck Harness (Manual Transmission)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom