Input Request, FJ62 Version... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

elk

Threads
I came across a 1990 close to my work and stopped by to check it out.

CarGurus - 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD - $9,250

The price is significantly lower than listed as the seller states he wants to keep it toward the enthusiast crowd.

The truck has been repainted at some point in the early 2000's. It has some rust spots, but primarily the rear lower gate. I ran a magnet over the body, no putty that I could find. There is a valve cover leak at the right side of the motor that I've read is a pain to shore up. There is a definitive squeak on the pulley bearings. In picture 14 there are two coolant lines above the driveshaft. These are leaking in person. The fuel sending unit has been replaced with one from a Corolla if I recall correctly. The tank was replaced under recall. The coolant lines make me concerned. Front axle looks dry, hubs lock. The frame has been coated at some point, but it appears solid with surface corrosion only. I crawled around for a bit underneath.

Interior is on par for 1990, but hasn't had wildlife living in it. Driver's booster is toast. Glass and pretty much everything else is original. The manual throttle is admittedly pretty cool. Besides the 40, the 60 is my favorite truck. I'd love a manual, but my wife won't complain about square lights and an auto.

So what is one worth these days? Asking price is way above what he actually wants. I'm looking for a wheeling rig, should I look elsewhere?

I came across a 1990 close to my work and stopped by to check it out.

CarGurus - 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser 4WD - $9,250

The price is significantly lower than listed as the seller states he wants to keep it toward the enthusiast crowd.

The truck has been repainted at some point in the early 2000's. It has some rust spots, but primarily the rear lower gate. I ran a magnet over the body, no putty that I could find. There is a valve cover leak at the right side of the motor that I've read is a pain to shore up. There is a definitive squeak on the pulley bearings. In picture 14 there are two coolant lines above the driveshaft. These are leaking in person. The fuel sending unit has been replaced with one from a Corolla if I recall correctly. The tank was replaced under recall. The coolant lines make me concerned. Front axle looks dry, hubs lock. The frame has been coated at some point, but it appears solid with surface corrosion only. I crawled around for a bit underneath.

Interior is on par for 1990, but hasn't had wildlife living in it. Driver's booster is toast. Glass and pretty much everything else is original. The manual throttle is admittedly pretty cool. Besides the 40, the 60 is my favorite truck. I'd love a manual, but my wife won't complain about square lights and an auto.

So what is one worth these days? Asking price is way above what he actually wants. I'm looking for a wheeling rig, should I look elsewhere?

Too rusty to be a wheeler or a keeper to me....
It could be a driver, but turning any wrenches on that is going to get ugly quick.

The coolant lines are for the rear heater and can be bypassed/abandoned/replaced with rubber hose easily. Don't let them detur you, maybe a bargaining chip.

My 62 is beet up and getting rusty, but it didn't start that way and I've still had to battle bolts and rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom