Inner fender mud flap material?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks SpikeStrip! Both of mine are missing, haven't figured out what to replace them with yet.
It's a good idea to replace them, keep the water and mud out.

Like the sign says "IH8MUD" in my engine!!!
 
I pulled mine out to do some work on the rig and didn't get them back in before last Surf 'n Turf ... The amount of sand that ended up in the engine compartment was redunkulous !
 
My guess is they're probably not too necessary, but I wanted them to keep some mud and snow out of my engine bay. Besides, it's a pretty cheap fix, and can't hurt.
 
Anybody posting pictures of there mud flap make ups? It seems like the materials you guys are talking about are quite thin - shower curtains, inner tubes, conveyor belting?

2 of mine are in really decent shape for age, 1 is rotting away, and another isn't horrible.
 
The stuff doesn't need to be thick, just durable. The Home Depot shower liner stuff Dynosoar mentions is fine. Might be able to find a different material that works for you. Just don't buy the replacement ones from SOR - expensive and mine rotted in 6 months just sitting on the shelf.
 
Anybody posting pictures of there mud flap make ups? It seems like the materials you guys are talking about are quite thin - shower curtains, inner tubes, conveyor belting?

2 of mine are in really decent shape for age, 1 is rotting away, and another isn't horrible.

A diesel truck inner tube is made from thicker rubber than the original flaps.
 
They not only keep unwanted yuk out of the engine bay, they drastically reduce the engine noise that was coming off my 3B after the rebuild of my rig.

Ran it with and without them but with them was much quieter. I can't imagine the filth under the hood without them in place.

Just used the ones from SOR and they have been in place for almost 2 years now without any problems or major tears

Tony
 
I used shower liner, not shower curtain. Seems plenty durable a year and a half after I installed it. My only complaint is that the one I found is grey in color. I would've preferred black. Then again, I'm the only one who cares what it looks like under my wheel wells. No pics, though, because :meh:
 
Thin (less than 1/8) black neoprene rubber with a fabric core is frequently available from auto parts stores (no not the box chain stores) Sometimes sold as conveyor belt material or gasket material, I think it was about $10 a square foot the last time I bought some.

It's never going to tear or wear out

Tony
 
I bought replacements from SOR and after a year and a half they've held up without issue. I had to zip tie the ends where the flaps meet in the middle as they kept pushing in. I didn't have a template or anything to follow so the SOR was a good solution and I've been satisfied so far...
 
I have some rubber diamond plate mat on order from amazon to replace the carpet in the back, if I have leftover I will try making some fender flaps with that. In the meantime though I have a roll of showerliner as well, seems pretty durable looking and is cheap.
 
Adding to this thread because this material at Home Depot is perfect and these clips are exact if they weren’t already mentioned in this thread.

B1EC3299-AE40-42E6-B120-01C3A7A3B625.png


BA24621C-C6A6-406C-867A-905EF63106D3.png


959E6CE5-9296-4CA3-8C27-6AFAD5F82D92.png


118B61A9-F6A5-4B58-BBA6-B77643F03093.webp
 
Last edited:
What's that cover you have over your shock absorber?

If its the black part on the shock in the photo you are speaking of, looks just like the normal OME Nitro-charger sport shock upper boot/cover. I think they changed the design sometime back:

p-20597-OME_SPORT_SHOCK__53a1ed8745f1e.webp
 
If its the black part on the shock in the photo you are speaking of, looks just like the normal OME Nitro-charger sport shock upper boot/cover. I think they changed the design sometime back:

View attachment 2312749
Ah that makes sense. I ordered Bielstein shocks with my OME kit so didn't get the OME shocks with it.
 
Back
Top Bottom