Ikamper RTT on kickstarter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Call me a naysayer but everything looks perfect from the distance of marketing slicks. Could be the real deal but I'd want to put my hands on one first ...

Call me a naysayer but everything looks perfect from the distance of marketing slicks. Could be the real deal but I'd want to put my hands on one first ...
Yeah but they have actually been building similar tents for years unlike most kickstarter projects...

I like the honeycomb aluminum and would be perfect for me, the wifey, and 2 small kids. Kickstarter price is right! Still not sold on RTT in general though. I'll stick with my 2 room cabin tent that takes up 4 cubic feet and weighs 45lbs...still park the rig in the garage. 150 lbs. on the roof always makes me nervous.

I like the honeycomb aluminum and would be perfect for me, the wifey, and 2 small kids. Kickstarter price is right! Still not sold on RTT in general though. I'll stick with my 2 room cabin tent that takes up 4 cubic feet and weighs 45lbs...still park the rig in the garage. 150 lbs. on the roof always makes me nervous.

For nearly all my off-road travels my Autohome Columbus (small width, extra long length) has not been a "tippy" factor. However, during travel in Utah, on a spur trail on Hole In The Rock trail, there is a short off-camber section that was a non-issue the year I did it without the RTT. The next year through the same spot, that time the only difference in the rig was the RTT, was very tippy and I needed a spot from @Cruiserdrew ... with the 100 I've gotten used to 3-wheel dances here and there but that time was beyond my comfort level.

The additional load on the roof can certainly make a difference depending upon the terrain you travel. But for 99% of my off-road touring the benefit, comfort & convenience of my RTT outweighs the negative ...

For nearly all my off-road travels my Autohome Columbus (small width, extra long length) has not been a "tippy" factor. However, during travel in Utah, on a spur trail on Hole In The Rock trail, there is a short off-camber section that was a non-issue the year I did it without the RTT. The next year through the same spot, that time the only difference in the rig was the RTT, was very tippy and I needed a spot from @Cruiserdrew ... with the 100 I've gotten used to 3-wheel dances here and there but that time was beyond my comfort level.

The additional load on the roof can certainly make a difference depending upon the terrain you travel. But for 99% of my off-road touring the benefit, comfort & convenience of my RTT outweighs the negative ...
Thanks for the feedback- 24 hour $2K buy in starts today... tight on money at the moment but might pull the trigger regardless. I will let you guys know one way or the other. Cheers!

Link has been live for 1 hour and they already have 153 backers and have raised $400,000 - $300,000 over their goal. wow

Almost $1 million!

Over 1.5M raised and 35 minutes left. I have decided to hold off for now as I just can't afford it at the moment but if anyone does pull the trigger please let us know what you think!

Interested but only if the Skycamp is not just another juxtiposition of compromises ...

Unless its a typo I can guarantee you, unless you're in the sub 150lb body weight range and/or just like suffering all night, a 1.18"/3cm thick mattress won't cut it. That right there leaves me suspect.

Jelly! Be sure to keep us posted when it arrives!

What happened with this RTT? Anyone get one yet?

Thanks for the link @hoser

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom