ICON Lift Kit Systems; Which stage? 2.5" Lift, leveled out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good Afternoon IH8MUD forum,

I have been looking at the ICON lift system for the 2017 Toyota Land Cruiser LC200, I am curious on what stage to put on the car. I know some people have recommended the Stage 1, saying that I don't need to spend the money, and many saying get the Stage 5, saying its worth it.

Here is what I use the car for:
I drive daily for work, and typically 85% of the time the vehicle is on the highway, the other 15% is on rough roads and my ranch, going to the beach or even sometimes hitting some off road trails. I want to obtain a 2.5" LEVELED out lift with a Toyo Open Country M/T 285/70/R18, thinking and deciding with a OME Medium Load Springs 200 Series.

Anyways your thoughts are always appreciated, and I appreciate all the advice!

Also, planning on hitting up some trails in Texas, any ideas would be awesome

paging @Willy beamin , Willy has been running the ICON setup for years and can proly help sort out your options.

I have a Stage "4.5" haha. Everything in a Stage 5 except the rear lower control arms. Suspension is totally subjective and as such I will only say that I love it and have no regrets. It's way more controlled than my 4Runner but doesn't ride as soft, even at the softest settings on the shocks, but I never compared it to anything else before or after making my decision. But these are completely different rigs too, springs and shocks are only part of the equation. I've also never had any experience in which I would call the suspension harsh, always firm, controlled, quiet and smooth...

I will say that as the coilovers come out of the box, and with OME 2722 springs, I netted almost exactly 3" of lift front and rear. So the rear remained a little higher, just like it did on the factory suspension. If you don't want that much lift in the rear or want the rig to be level, 2722 are probably not the right choice.

A little forward lean isn't all bad... With a bit less lift in front, you retain more available down-travel relative to the neutral or stuffed other front tire. If you force the front down, you lose down-travel relative to the other tire--not so helpful if dropping into holes, shelves, etc.

I am running stage 4.6 lol. See my build thread for details. I did tundra arm conversion as well.

Any rebuildable system will be maintenance at some point. Stage 4 is what im running. I love it. If you have the funds for it you already know its top notch components. I have a rebuild thread in here some where for more detais concerning that aspect.
I like the adjustability and the support that icon has available to its customers.
Go for it. Good luck deciding

I have a Stage "4.5" haha. Everything in a Stage 5 except the rear lower control arms. Suspension is totally subjective and as such I will only say that I love it and have no regrets. It's way more controlled than my 4Runner but doesn't ride as soft, even at the softest settings on the shocks, but I never compared it to anything else before or after making my decision. But these are completely different rigs too, springs and shocks are only part of the equation. I've also never had any experience in which I would call the suspension harsh, always firm, controlled, quiet and smooth...

I will say that as the coilovers come out of the box, and with OME 2722 springs, I netted almost exactly 3" of lift front and rear. So the rear remained a little higher, just like it did on the factory suspension. If you don't want that much lift in the rear or want the rig to be level, 2722 are probably not the right choice.

@619TOY what OME would you go with? in order to obtain a level look, looking to lift truck at 2"-2.5", i just want to be able to level the front with the back with my coilover set-up, trying to avoid any forward or lean at all.

thanks!

Welcome to drive my truck if you'd like..... it'll help with the decision process.... your wallet may hurt but the smile is worth it.

E

lol @RS6tofj80 I am familiar with the hurting wallet, but you are too right...the smile is worth every single penny
@sptxlc I located the Icon rebuild thread - read through this if you want to see what kind of things might or might not happen when the time comes to rebuild - that is if you go Icon.
50,000+ miles on Icons

@619TOY what OME would you go with? in order to obtain a level look, looking to lift truck at 2"-2.5", i just want to be able to level the front with the back with my coilover set-up, trying to avoid any forward or lean at all.

thanks!

Unfortunately I'm not the best one to ask, I only know what my springs netted me. I'm sure someone else will chime in:beer:

Funny you say that. My local shop owner just infomed me of the same news that he's going to go through the process of being able to service Icons. Good for me and others. 15 days downtime was a stretch.

I'll be picking up my truck tomorrow, which is currently getting the "Stage 1" VS 2.5" coilover fronts + monotube rears + SPC UCAs + OME 2722 rear springs installed in preparation for the Breckenridge event next week.

Will be happy to share my subjective impressions moving from the '13's stock suspension (66k mi) which already has Slee sliders + Slee rear bumper & RWs + KO2s, and feels underdampened, to the Icons, as soon as I have some seat time. :)

Here is what I use the car for:
I drive daily for work, and typically 85% of the time the vehicle is on the highway, the other 15% is on rough roads and my ranch, going to the beach or even sometimes hitting some off road trails.

Similar percentage use here, home ranch. I have spoken with several shops at this point and all have pointed me toward stage 1. With a new vehicle, we don't need new arms yet. If we're not doing extensive long periods of stress on the suspension, we don't need the reservoirs. It was very refreshing to have shops be honest and point me towards the lowest cost option because it's all that I need.

The resi's can be added later to your shocks if desired, which is nice. Saves you from buying the same components twice

Just got the call from the shop that the truck is ready; I'm in CA the rest of the day so I'll be thinking about it while I'm in meetings!

I spoke with the guy that did the install and he did make the unsolicited comment that the SPC UCAs are "really sweet" - he said they made it easy to get caster in spec and also allowed for a lot of camber adjustment if needed.

Considering I wanted to get in there (and pay someone to get in there) only once up front, I guess that's money I'm now feeling ok spending, as I didn't want to find out the hard way that not using the aftermarket UCAs wouldn't let the caster get back into spec or something.

If any of you have done this w/o the SPC/TC UCAs, can you share your alignment specs?

Picked up the truck super late Friday night (or more like Saturday AM - late flights suck) and didn't really drive it much until today, but -

First subjective opinion is the Icons are a big improvement over stock (thankfully!) As many before me have said, body motions are more controlled, there's slightly less lean in corners, there's less impact from road imperfections and bumps transmitted up through the body to passengers, etc. Overall very happy thus far.

Picked up the truck super late Friday night (or more like Saturday AM - late flights suck) and didn't really drive it much until today, but -

First subjective opinion is the Icons are a big improvement over stock (thankfully!) As many before me have said, body motions are more controlled, there's slightly less lean in corners, there's less impact from road imperfections and bumps transmitted up through the body to passengers, etc. Overall very happy thus far.
@Tremek post some pictures

Posting from Breckenridge - my new favorite pic of the truck:

Do3r0R6.jpg

PS, even Stage 1 is an amazing upgrade from stock. Very, very impressed at how much this has transformed the truck from low-and-scraping to breezing through trails in relative comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom