I need a vehicle towed... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also need a non running vehicle flat decked from mechosin to Langford.

No rush though.

Coordinate this between the two of you, might save a buck ot two.

I’ve got Alabaster practicing… she’ll be ready soon.

B7D10D9C-D909-484B-A0AD-95E3746A13B7.jpeg

None of you guys have car haulers or tow rigs? Oh I guess I forgot. none of you actually wheel. :flipoff2:
I do know a local guy who has a ramp truck who would likely tow whatever you'd like wherever you'd like for $$$. I think he works fairly cheap compared to a regular tow company. PM me and I can get his number to anyone who wants to try him.

None of you guys have car haulers or tow rigs? Oh I guess I forgot. none of you actually wheel. :flipoff2:
I do know a local guy who has a ramp truck who would likely tow whatever you'd like wherever you'd like for $$$. I think he works fairly cheap compared to a regular tow company. PM me and I can get his number to anyone who wants to try him.
Problem is we all drive Landcruisers. They don’t need to be towed home even when wheeled. I’ve now driven mine home twice with spun Rod bearings. Three times with no clutch. Driven it home with a major coolant leak once. Repaired a coolant leak and refilled once. Drove it home after loosing an axle shaft once. Replaced a broken valve rocker in a parking lot once.

Never had it towed in the 30+ years I’ve been driving it. I’d much rather fix it or drive it home to fix it. :D

Problem is we all drive Landcruisers. They don’t need to be towed home even when wheeled. I’ve now driven mine home twice with spun Rod bearings. Three times with no clutch. Driven it home with a major coolant leak once. Repaired a coolant leak and refilled once. Drove it home after loosing an axle shaft once. Replaced a broken valve rocker in a parking lot once.

Never had it towed in the 30+ years I’ve been driving it. I’d much rather fix it or drive it home to fix it. :D
I've never actually been broken enough on a trail to not be able to drive out back to my trailer. That being said, if any one else brought their landcruiser out where I go wheeling in my landcruiser they most likely wouldn't even be able to get onto the trail and would most certainly attain major damage attempting any of the obstacles. It is not what most people attempt on a regular basis and I have never seen another "landcruiser" go where I do. Not being pompous, It's just the truth.
I'd be happy to let any of you know when I am going out so you can actually see the capabilities of our great machines but as I said, I'm not sure any of you would even get to the start of most of the trails. Next weekend we are heading into the woods out in shawnigan if anyone is interested I'll give the coordinates.

The last time I had other rigs try to follow in my path, the full-sized blazer with limited slip couldn’t, and the full-size bronco blew a rear diff trying. I’m very aware of what these old trucks are capable of. If there was a road, skidder trail, or creek bed, it’ll make it.

I enjoy wheeling to get to places far away from civilization. I enjoy a challenge now and then, but generally avoid driving through obstacles just for the sake of in. Most of my wheeling has been done when it was my DD and I have had to keep getting to work in mind on Monday morning. Although I enjoy seeing rigs that are built sparing no expense… I don’t have the budget to do so. So call me a wuss if you dare… but I’ll be there to tow you out when you need a tow. ;)

I've never actually been broken enough on a trail to not be able to drive out back to my trailer. That being said, if any one else brought their landcruiser out where I go wheeling in my landcruiser they most likely wouldn't even be able to get onto the trail and would most certainly attain major damage attempting any of the obstacles. It is not what most people attempt on a regular basis and I have never seen another "landcruiser" go where I do. Not being pompous, It's just the truth.
I'd be happy to let any of you know when I am going out so you can actually see the capabilities of our great machines but as I said, I'm not sure any of you would even get to the start of most of the trails. Next weekend we are heading into the woods out in shawnigan if anyone is interested I'll give the coordinates.

My cruiser is a daily driver, so probably could not keep up with you if yours is a trailer only setup. Would love to know specs of your beast though. Maybe put a couple pics up of it in action.

I'd love to have a dedicated wheeling machine. Too poor for that. Mine must drive kids to school as well as serve for weekend wheeling.

Dude I've seen videos of you wheeling, I think I'd be scared s***less just in the passenger seat :lol:

I'm nowhere near that hardcore. I just like farting around with old Toyotas. :meh:

Last edited:
Not many vids of me wheelin'. I'm usually driving. Here are a couple of pics though. 1976 w/ a 3fe,sm420 3spd case.488's , 80 series rear full floater, 4 linked on 80 series rear coils w/ factory bumps, 60 series front axle with an extended short side so I can run 40's. Welded because I've broken all of the lockers I've bought over the years. Still just run a saginaw steering box and I do keep up with most of the buggies around.

63789980232__71ADFDC1-CDCB-4FA3-B2D2-5ED0BDD12621.JPG

IMG_3510.JPG

Not many vids of me wheelin'. I'm usually driving. Here are a couple of pics though. 1976 w/ a 3fe,sm420 3spd case.488's , 80 series rear full floater, 4 linked on 80 series rear coils w/ factory bumps, 60 series front axle with an extended short side so I can run 40's. Welded because I've broken all of the lockers I've bought over the years. Still just run a saginaw steering box and I do keep up with most of the buggies around.

View attachment 2833054

View attachment 2833055
Thanks for the pics; looks like a fun rig!! Definitely next level from the daily drivers most of us run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom