I must be getting old (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
8 years ago I had nearly zero problems installing new radius arm bushings. This time? Jeeze, two days, as it took me a full half day to figure out I needed to use my floor jack to break the nuts loose, then use a cheater bar on my ratchet straps. Once I figured out I wasn’t as strong as I was when I was 60, it all went pretty smooth. LOL !! I’ll let everyone know how the dobinsons adjustable bushings work out. I did get 100,000 miles outta the Slee 3degree bushings.

looking forward to that job as well.
ive been sitting on a set of 3degrees for awhile...and am likely to do them this spring/summer since the 40 is now fulltime driver for the year.

When you were 60! Dang, I need to get my ass in shape. At 41 pulling 40in tires off the frt and changing some fuel filters on my truck whipped me lol.

Did you loosen the right thing? Nut or bolt? For the ones where the caster bushings are the bolts should be loosened and not the nuts. The nuts are locked with serrations on the face of the nut.
Yes & yes .

Hey Don I hear you talking! I'm seventy now and things aren't getting any easier to work on. Trying to work smart, not hard really helps.
Right on Gary! Floor jacks, cheater bars in every shape, size and dimension, air tools , tire irons, etc etc. it’s no wonder we scale out at 7,000 lbs all the heavy tools I drag around.

I built my workshop in my early thirties and then decided to put on an addition to it in my early fifties - what a difference twenty years makes! :wtf:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom