I figured the Knights would appreciate this one (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mark W

Yep, it's true. I just don't care that much.
Threads
The earthquake this morning that felt like it was going to tear the building down managed to shake the battery out of this clock without actually dropping it off the wall .

Pigs never die easy I guess.

Mark...

20181201_000349~2.jpg

seeing some of the pics last night, sure hope all is well in your world.

I had a lot of fun writing Tech back then. Really enjoyed making it something that people enjoyed reading. :)

It turns out the quake hit the shop a bit harder than I realized. I barely missed major damage to rigs. But I did miss it. However the mess is a lot worse than I though. and the mess has potential to damage rigs if I am not careful dealing with it. :(

And the damn aftershocks keep coming. I only have one of my dogs these days and she got pretty freaked out by the quake. I had just put her inside (by herself) when the shaking started. The lights died and everything came crashing down around her in pitch black. So now ever little aftershock sets her off barking at what she thinks is someone trying to get in. She must have thought that first one was one hell of a giant kicking at the door!

Mark...

Aw, the poor pup!
She likely won’t forget that.
Did she act weird before the quake? You know how you hear about animals predicting things like a quake...

She had been outside with me up until about 5 minutes before the quake hit. Normal behavior then.

During the hours of ongoing aftershocks, she never seemed to have any sort of advance detection of any of them.

I was amazed at the rumbling that preceded the physical shaking. LOUD. And it probably started 10-15 seconds before the shaking was noticeable.

Mark...

I was amazed at the rumbling that preceded the physical shaking. LOUD. And it probably started 10-15 seconds before the shaking was noticeable.

wife and I noticed the same thing 2 years ago? when we had a big quake, 50 miles away. It sounded like a train coming towards the house, then it all started shaking and swaying.

I had a lot of fun writing Tech back then. Really enjoyed making it something that people enjoyed reading. :)

It turns out the quake hit the shop a bit harder than I realized. I barely missed major damage to rigs. But I did miss it. However the mess is a lot worse than I though. and the mess has potential to damage rigs if I am not careful dealing with it. :(

And the damn aftershocks keep coming. I only have one of my dogs these days and she got pretty freaked out by the quake. I had just put her inside (by herself) when the shaking started. The lights died and everything came crashing down around her in pitch black. So now ever little aftershock sets her off barking at what she thinks is someone trying to get in. She must have thought that first one was one hell of a giant kicking at the door!

Mark...

I always thought your column was one of the gems in 'trails. i was fortunate to get the pig in '99 about the time you were writing. The Alaska trek writeups were always great to read to boot. Good to know you fared okay in the quake. hopefully everyone around you will also get back up quickly.

best, ty
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom