I am now a 60 owner ;) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh crap, You had offspring. :flipoff2:

I was looking at my rig and thinking about your rig (how gay) but, I was wondering about that rear door. I think you should cut more out to get rid of the umm whatever ya call it....uuhhh...design in the sheet metal that runs the lengh of the truck. looks a little funny cut off as it is. but if you cut it the rest of the way out maybe 2-3 inchs it would not be there anymore....but i'm retarded so ya might not want to listen to me. :D

I have no idea WTF you are talking about :flipoff2:

Mace said:
Unfortunately the nice pieve of AL diamond plate that I was going to use was a bit smaller than I expected..
Road signs!

Seriously, check local scrap-metal places to see what they've got. Highway signs are aluminum, pretty thick, don't have too many holes in them -- well, bolt holes anyway! -- and at least here, they're super cheap.

And yeah, I know they're free at night with a socket wrench and a deserted road... :D

polarweasel said:
Road signs!

Seriously, check local scrap-metal places to see what they've got. Highway signs are aluminum, pretty thick, don't have too many holes in them -- well, bolt holes anyway! -- and at least here, they're super cheap.

And yeah, I know they're free at night with a socket wrench and a deserted road... :D
I would never do ANYTHING of the sort!!! (Running home to hide signs..)

I am actually thinking that some nice HDPE plastic might be cool :)

Mace said:
I am actually thinking that some nice HDPE plastic might be cool :)

what about some cheap 1/8" masonite & some nice grey vinyl w/ grey carpet inset to match the rest of the interior & look like stock :flipoff2:

looking good!!

do you have any fiberglass skills? use your paper template, trace on a thin wooden board, cut it out, cut out any holes/compartments, glue up a "box" on the back of board where your compartment/s would be, fiberglass it, cover with something, you probably rich so maybe cover with some leather :flipoff2:

Mace said:
I have no idea WTF you are talking about :flipoff2:

Bwhahaa....im going surfing now but i'll be back tonight to photo shop what the hell im talking about. :flipoff2:

Jason.
ABS or Cintra are your best bets.
Cost is cheap.
Cintra is a PVC foam used in sign making.
ABS as you know is a rigid plastic which is notch sensitive(you can score it and snap it into shape.)

Sign board is probably the best bet and it comes in a variety of colors.

Check the Yellow Pages for Plastic Distributors in Vegas. :beer:

Why thank you John :)

How's life?

For what ever reason my photo shop does not like your format....so i cant do jack with the photo. So, heres my last attempt at describing it. On the photo you you loaded as REAR SMALL, the only part the sun is hitting on the lip of the wheel well. that is the part i am talking about taking off so it matches the rest of the wheel well.....

Making the radius consistant would be a good idea. however, then I would be removing the rubber seal that seals the door.

I understand what you are saying. But for now, it will stay thte way it is. (untill I figure out a better way to do what need to be done)

That is a fine looking 60 if I do say so myself ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom