I am making LC Scale Kits & Accessories for mud! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Don’t forget to pack your batteries when you travel; both of them. However, be sure not to leave your mini FJ in your actual FJ on a hot sunny day; the PLA will melt but more importantly, so will the LIPO battery. I will work on getting us Travel-Safe cases for both. I'm very excited btw, for the photos of the Mini Replicas inside/outside/next to/on top of/underneath/etc versus the real thing; it's going to be the greatest thing ever. Maybe do one behind so it looks like the Big one is giving birth to these little ones.

Also i did not factor in Lipos and Battery chargers in original budget; I will cover it and you guys are welcome to send a optional donation later. If you want to use your own controller and charger, just let me know so I can send you a reprogram card. I realize some of you likely has better electronics already than what I could afford to send off with the first fleet, and it won't hurt my feelings if you opted for yours instead. Even then, wouldn't hurt to have a backup.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Speaking of traveling, more #AugustGoals. Yes, the Buggy is coming as well; likely september.

1659292035141.png

1659292073758.png

1659292091058.png

And this entire time I bet you guys have been wondering how I plan on supporting myself, if I plan on giving these kits away for costs; below costs during Beta.

It's called spare/replacement parts, mods and accessories.

Don't worry mud, I'm about to take all your monies; and put it to great use of course.

Last edited:
The cases deserve their own post.

1659292724009.png

I will send you guys printed parts, you provide your own panel pieces; it can be any material/maybe some of you can help me figure out insulation so that it can be left inside the truck on a hot day.

1659292878771.png

These can be scaled up or down to any size, and i actually use it to build modular furniture/other things.

1659292815706.png

Last update before I get started on the Voron for today.

Voron:
The wire ducts make a night and day difference! My 2.4 without any zip ties/wire ducts versus the trident which comes with wire ducts (I have not put cover on and even then it looks decently neat). I plan on printing some wire ducts for the 2.4 today.

Almost at the home stretch/firmware part, which comes after electrical!

I have the boys working with very little down time in the background and parts are slowly piling up. I should be getting tracking info for fasteners and stuff after weekend.

image.jpg

4878AFE1-1CBB-47C6-B08A-1A43FEE0CFFE.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last update before I get started on the Voron for today.

Voron:
The wire ducts make a night and day difference! My 2.4 without any zip ties/wire ducts versus the trident which comes with wire ducts (I have not put cover on and even then it looks decently neat). I plan on printing some wire ducts for the 2.4 today.

Almost at the home stretch/firmware part, which comes after electrical!

I have the boys working with very little down time in the background and parts are slowly piling up. I should be getting tracking info for fasteners and stuff after weekend.

View attachment 3074181

View attachment 3074186

Yea they do! Looks way neater. Messy cables hurt my brain.

How you doing @SharpeCat? Unusual for you to be off the grid for so long.

How you doing @SharpeCat? Unusual for you to be off the grid for so long.
I think i've considered making this post about 10 times so far for this thread:

If i don't spam you guys every day it's usually 1 of 2 reasons:

1. I am too busy for updates, but in a good way.
2. I am too busy for updates, but not in a good way.

I can assure you it isn't the latter. I have been working on the Voron(s) because i really need for my two best machines to join in to assist. I got the Trident running, and now that i know how to build one, i plan on going back and finishing the 2.4 as well.

I also realize most of us are just interested in the finished products, and not so much the behind the scenes and all the maintenance/printer building stuff; like the stuff i just went over briefly. All i'm going to say regarding this, is that we will all be glad i am taking the time to learn how to build these Vorons now a little later; as it will show in not only print quality a little down the road, but also vastly speed up my printing time/reduce everyone's wait.

Also, the Vorons can handle high temp; polycarbonate gears and shafts! I am just working out a few bumps/broke my new hotend D: while learning to configure the bed leveling (it crashed/dug into bed and doesn't line up straight/clogs often).

With that said, let's get a little caught up!

The update I was too busy to send yesterday: Got a tracking # for the first order! I am still researching ESCs/Servos/Controllers/Batteries, and my parents will help me with that as i used up most of my funds so far; need the rest for printer maintenance stuff/upgrades.

Also, let me charge my phone a little and I have updates on the parts that's been printing the past couple days. Almost done with parts in blue, red, and red copper; and will move onto some of the other colors/interior next!

"Last update before I get started on the Voron for today."

There is a chance that every time I dig into the Vorons, that i just end up losing track of time. It's my first time learning to build a machine from scratch, and It's quite a project!

1659586788455.png

Really happy to see Shenron (My Green Voron Trident) printing a test cube earlier though! Today i plan on swapping a different (older version of current) hotend to get me by until replacement one gets here for one i broke, and then we are back to running some test prints!

Also, I dont recommend tuning in all the time as i can be a pretty boring person, but the main reason i have a Twitch is so you guys don't have to worry; given that i did turn my cameras towards the Trident yesterday but rest assured the Blue Boys are working diligently in the background. I set them up and they just keep going until they need maintenance/tuning/filament or something. It's hard work at first setting up, then it's passive/they work while I rest; that's the great thing about an automated home manufacturing business/I can run it while asleep at home!

From here, now that i know what i want to make, my priorities begin shifting towards improving quality and speed; so you will see me building vorons left and right moving forward. Just remember, unless i turn the machines off, the parts just keep on coming! If i don't spam new photos every day, you can still use old photos to guestimate how much the piles have grown each day. But get ready for spam here soon/let me go get a coffee; just woke up!

Couldn’t find my keys, had to make my own coffee so it’s taking… time. But here is a glimpse before I get a little organized and make my plans for today.

The rolls are best when fresh, so I am going through each full roll before loading up other colors. We are a little more than halfway on the current blue rolls and I have enough blue body parts, so now other things are coming out in blue. Will share details soon.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

My brother wants to adopt a dog (1 year old and needs house training) so I am brainstorming shelves and ways to display/keep them safe during building.

This looks simple and effective!

C7EDC6B0-5DFD-4733-B5E5-E13ACCC2B9F7.png

Ever wish you were this guy?
AEBF0859-3258-4AFD-8CFE-829E83310B6B.png

Me too.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I did leave myself an exit; I sit in middle for assembly when screws get here. Speaking of which, my 4V drill from Walmart gave out already; less than 1 month of use. I got what I paid for, even less!

If anyone has a spare 4-12v hand drill/electric screwdriver they don’t need, I could use it in about 2 weeks! All I have at the moment is my 20V. I can trade ya extra parts :D.

It would be great to be that guy for sure sometimes. This is spring green.
A3B87429-D984-42B0-B04A-146DD2BA02DE.jpeg

I don’t have a tool…sry. Right this moment I’m tapped out and slammed or I’d help out more.

0804221753.jpg

I already had a couple of M12 tools so I picked up this screwdriver off of Ebay for under $50 shipped. I already had the battery. The minimum clutch torque setting is pretty light.

I am aware the package says .6 kgs; supposed to be 12. The seller thinks they have made a mistake or given us the wrong tracking and will update me soon.

Just the fasteners alone I imagine is over 10 lbs; so 12 kg/25 lbs makes more sense. Will find out soon as they did expedite shipping/tracking says this upcoming week; another sign it’s an honest mistake as scammers almost always go slow ship, to wear out the return/dispute period.

I’m 100% certain its an honest mistake and you guys need not worry. Even worst case scenario, I will make it right; I have no reason to believe that to be the case though.

Last edited:
Last nights batch.

6 rolls will run out today, and I will swap for interior colors.

I’m going to run some TPU test prints today for the seats; to give it a little squish/flexibility/soft seats. No promises it will work, and if I can’t get decent TPU quality then it’s back to PLA.

Also update on the pile of parts so far; I have been tired and have went a few batches without updates.

First are side panels for front doors.

Second are hoods: carbon fiber, metallic and then petg on right. Under carbon fiber hoods are more chassis.

Third fender flares.

Last are wheelwells.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Engine bulkheads and seats boxes.

Seats and seats frames.

Small details stuff.

Where the boys park, I plan on painting in or printing a mini parking lot later.

Rear wheelwells and fenders.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Glasses.

45 doors.

chassis parts.

Bottom window/hood frames and battery covers.

View from my desk.

The boys are taking a breather while I plan out interior colors; send suggestions now!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I also have 2 rolls of Nylon PCTPE I want to learn how to use, maybe test print a tire with them? Maybe I save them for something stronger like suspension part.

They only come in black and white and are originally designed for wearable armor; strong, flexible and high heat resistance. I got them to test iron man armor parts for cosplay, but that’s honestly a bigger project that I need to save for later when I have a bigger fleet and more capable software; much easier that way. I can spend a week later or spend months now making a single suit; I choose the path of less resistance.

This means all my filament can now be used solely for this project; not that I have that much but it does open up a couple doors.

Last edited:
Boys, are we sure about Engine bulkhead being Black instead of exterior color? Referring to build plate #7.

1659750446103.png

Refer to 3Dsets stock photo:

zL-zgomxMErnftELJAzY5XlLEz5gfTXY-2-LBQ4n2kXgqVWXOlGptdGfSoQC8Jb_UOEvfsItjSwqTQmFOwkZ9FI18KL6jI4zI4nvEZ98SAMBqCujHsIhIaBK7q3ki1lEo2BKripT2fhzTIrheMPWYZfD5w

Refer to the FJ40 Album i made from collecting photos from the color identification thread:

With that said, i will offer it in both and let you guys choose whether you want black bulkhead (floor under your floor mats and area around shifters and dash), and hinges, or exterior-colored for both; mix and matching is fine too. I made both and will make more to fill in shorted kits.

Build plate 7.png

Build plate 7a.png

1659751289502.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom