HVAC controls do not work...then will....then wont?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BullElk

SILVER Star
Threads
I have had the A/C problem where a couple fan speeds work and couple don't..Then I replaced amplifier above accelerator pedal after drilling holes in it so water can drain out if need be. That fixed the problem at the time, two years ago. So I have experienced that type of problem.

This is different. None of the buttons make anything work. The top and bottom row lights come on when buttons are presed. The middle row lights do not come on (a/c, auto, recirc)

I took off the white box amplifier above pedal as mentioned before. Took it out inspector it very well. It looks perfect. Not even any stains of water. I plug it back up and ALL control buttons worked perfectly.....for just a few seconds....then NONE worked as before. I unbolted the box again to take off and controls came back on. I delicately tightned screw and drove away with controls working great for about 15 minutes.

Now they do not work at all as I try jiggling, wiggling, moving, bobbin and weavin, etc. Nothing come on.

Perhaps you have seen this before. And thanks for your time.

Might be a bad plug, get some Deoxit, and spray it, also look at all of the wires and see if you, have a rubbed and exposed wires, that cause a short . I hate electrical gremlins they can be a a pain

I replaced with a good a/c amplifier from my son's 80 and everything worked great. I also put my bad one on his and nothing worked. Sooo...it must be a bad amplifier even though I can't see any problems with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom