Hurricane Creek, June 2-4, 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There will be a new take on HC this year. This will be a LCLC event for members, but we will meet UC and ONSC at the campsite. We will trial on our own, but camp and dine all together. There will be 6 rigs per club.

Tentatively, we'll meet around 11:00-12:00 at the Sierra Nevada brewery in Asheville (about 250 miles) for lunch Friday, then to our campsite (additional 40-50 miles), just off of I-40 on the NC/TN line. To ensure we get the campsite, we want to leave a bit earlier than in past years. The trails aren't too hard, even the stock trucks made it with no problem, and 1 or 2 water crossings. Scott's hitch-haul did drag on departure. The campsites had restroom facilities, campsite cost was nominal, maybe $10 in the kiosk, honor system. The tent sites are about 20-30 yards apart offering some privacy. Most of the driving will be on gravel roads, going to waterfalls and other scenic hikes. The hikes are short and small children can manage it. As of now, we'll do something like on-your-own breakfast and lunch, group supper. Pets are also welcome. We'll probably leave early PM Sunday.

Due to narrow trails and campsite availability, we have to cap it to 6 trucks. If you're a LCLC member and want to attend, reply to the thread and I'll update this post with those attending.
  1. Beau Diddly, Tim & Ronda, + dogs
  2. slceso, Jason
  3. JToobe, Jeff
  4. Salty Dog
  5. .
  6. .

hc-creek-crossing-jpg.1190135
hc-waterfall-jpg.1190136
hc-drive-in-jpg.1190142
hc-waterfall-2-jpg.1190143

Last edited:
Great trip! Other groups are full already with waiting list . Will see you guys there.

Hey if it's cool I'd like to roll with you guys. I need to get membered up yet.

Edit: done membered up. Prolly +2 boys 8 & 10.

Last edited:
We are overflowing in the Upstate, as a LCLC member can I or Marshall claim one of your spots?

Jeff, you're a legit LCLC member, claim your spot, sir! :cheers:

Then put me down for one of your spots! Consider this post an act of me lifting my leg and marking what is rightfully mine!! (That's probably a bit much but after a couple of bourbon's but oh well)

We are overflowing in the Upstate, as a LCLC member can I or Marshall claim one of your spots?
This is embarrassing, UC & ONSC have a wait list and we have 0 interest committed. :meh:

Last edited:
Not 0 interest, just too much going on the first of June.

Not 0 interest, if you remember, I REALLY wanted to attend this... I had to do some horse trading to get out of a work obligation for Relic Run. I can't get out of 2 weekends for a 1 month off-shift obligation, unfortunately. Alas!

The wife and I had a blast last year and we are going to try and make it again. The issue is that she doesn't think she will be able to get off work Friday so we were thinking about driving up after she gets off. We would miss the ride in and meet everyone at the campsite Friday night if that's alright.

The wife and I had a blast last year and we are going to try and make it again. The issue is that she doesn't think she will be able to get off work Friday so we were thinking about driving up after she gets off. We would miss the ride in and meet everyone at the campsite Friday night if that's alright.
We can make it work, talk with me as time gets closer so we can fine tune it. I'm glad you can make it.

If theres still space, I'd like to go. Still haven't shown up for a meeting or event. Haven't even wheeled the 80 yet.

shoot, nevermind, Ive got freaking jury duty on monday

shoot, nevermind, Ive got freaking jury duty on monday
We go up on a Friday, come back Sunday, so everyone can be back to work on Monday. Stop by the HAMOM Saturday, we start at Charleston Cars & Coffee in Mt Pleasant at 8:00 AM, in front of the Atlanta Bread Co in the Town Center.

So sorry @Beau Diddly , work schedule has changed and since I am a wage slave, I must abandon your quest. Hope to do it some other time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom