Events/Trails Hurricane Creek 2021, May 21-23 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What's the fuel situation looking like up there in the high country? We're running on fumes down here in Charlotte.
I almost messaged you yesterday when I saw your post. It's bad. I passed 15 gas stations and cannot find fuel. A handful have refueled, and run out before noon. Lines are into the streets and 50+ car lengths long. RAV4 is out of gas, because I had no idea this was coming. Having to commute in the 4R.

I read an article on a natl news source - Asheville was referenced three times. Had to check the source I was reading.

They predict it'll clear up by this weekend, and I'll keep you posted, but I'm trying to wait it out until then and not fight the panic buyers.

There's an app, Gas Buddy, that people seem to be using. Keep an eye on that, I suppose. A trucker friend is making runs across the state overnight, all this week. He is hopeful things will settle next week.

I use GasBuddy when doing hurricane duty as they are good about showing availability along with price. Right now it is showing Canton (meetup location) and Asheville as mostly empty.

This is perceived supply issue causing a demand shock. It shouuuuuld clear up soon since it is a little harder to hoard fuel than toilet paper.

I use GasBuddy when doing hurricane duty as they are good about showing availability along with price. Right now it is showing Canton (meetup location) and Asheville as mostly empty.

This is perceived supply issue causing a demand shock. It shouuuuuld clear up soon since it is a little harder to hoard fuel than toilet paper.
Yep yep, the panic buying (and stations not setting a cap) is truly only reason it is this bad.

Screenshot_20210512-070101.png

This is a pic from my aunt who lives in Honea Path. Trucks lined up to get in the depot between Belton and Williamston.
1620855078031.jpeg

As of right now, I do not have a truck. The engine is being rebuilt so I will need to bow out of this event. I was looking forward to it but the head gasket replacement turned into a full engine rebuild. Maybe next year I can make it.

@neslrac you're off the waitlist.
My engine is being rebuilt so I do not have a truck. I thought it would be done by now but its still at the machine shop. Please scratch me from the list

It’s alarming how quickly people panic and lose all common sense.

2375600F-71E0-4329-8F40-06FEEEF33B9C.png

@roadstr6 - I guess situation is (currently) worse than I said. Gas Buddy shows fuel at stations that are out. People are using Google Maps to look at traffic jams to figure out where fuel is, haha.

Is there a need to coordinate who is bringing what (referencing the OP) or is everyone to bring what they normally would?

Also, can someone DM me a phone number to call on Friday if I am running late? Coming from Murder Beach and I don't know what the fuel situation will be along the way. I don't want to miss the departure from the lunch meetup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom