How to register a 2012 Euro 5 hzj78 in the US? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

200 series it's a 100K USD car down here too and you sill see plenty around the city ..

How much will cost an VDJ76 there Rosco .?

The Workmate is $67100 drive away and the GXL is $71950,cheap hey;)

Toyota LandCruiser 70 prices

For $77000 you can have the troopy GXL with rear forward facing seat(not side seat)
Front seat folds forward and swivels for rear passenger access.
You get much more headroom and huge cargo space behind the rear seat.
The MIL could have her own cage in the back corner somewhere:D

cp4628388348413377968.jpg

more pics here
2010 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GXL TROOPCARRIER VDJ78R MY10 SUV Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au

Last edited:
In 2005 I tried to bring in a new 105 series that was one of several in Baltimore already onshore for armoring (I wanted the truck only, $39,000!). Tier IV emissions killed the idea with a 1HZ powerplant. A complete vehicle plus a complete (separate) engine were required by the EPA and would have to be shipped to Ann Arbor for emissions testing and conversion emissions equipment testing ($$$$$). The RI aspect (airbags, glass, etc) was moot because the 100 series was currently sold here and all parts for that end of the conversion were easy to find. It was the ICI (I think, correct initials) was the stumping point. I have read, 125-150 HP diesels 1997/8 are ok, but afterwords things get tough.

Best of luck. There may be things I don't know, but I am pretty sure all the 70 series trucks in the states are pre 1998 or 1999.

In Canada the laws will allow vehicles older than 15 years to be imported without meeting the crash test requirements. Some small changes need to made like french / english safety and information labels, daytime running lights, and complient lighting.

There are many 1997 and earlier cruisers imported from Japan, and a few from Europe.

If you have a good source of HDJ or HZJ cruisers that are older than 15 years, then post up some examples. If they are priced reasonably and are not the beat-up UN models it may be worth it to us Canadians.

For the US the cruiser must older than 25 years.

I have been looking at the auto24 and mobile.de sites for several years and good cruisers rarely come up for a reasonable price. By reasonable I would say $15K to $25K for a very good cruiser all in street legal.

For $77000 you can have the troopy GXL with rear forward facing seat(not side seat)Front seat folds forward and swivels for rear passenger access.You get much more headroom and huge cargo space behind the rear seat.The MIL could have her own cage in the back corner somewhere:D

I want 4 doors ..

Tapage said:
I want 4 doors ..

Get a HZJ-76 Limited, CDL, F & R lockers, factory winch, snork, seats 10 if you get the front bench seat :grinpimp:

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Get a HZJ-76 Limited, CDL, F & R lockers, factory winch, snork, seats 10 if you get the front bench seat :grinpimp:

Forgot to add .. I do want V8 TDI from Toyota .. ;)

Tapage said:
Forgot to add .. I do want V8 TDI from Toyota .. ;)

You can get the VDJ-76 if you digs the RHD

Sorry to hijack the post, but if the vehicle is over 25 years old, be it 1988 or older, it can be imported to the US without a problem? How expensive would that operation be?

Thanks for the help!

In general, the way many importers are bringing in cars is they're dismantling the whole car abroad and declaring the portions of the car as used car parts. The vehicle is then reassembled when it's stateside, brought into compliance, and registered as a kit car. The registration process involves providing a visual record (video or photographic) of the vehicle arriving in parts, or disassembled, and of it being reassembled.

The Workmate is $67100 drive away and the GXL is $71950,cheap hey;)

Toyota LandCruiser 70 prices

For $77000 you can have the troopy GXL with rear forward facing seat(not side seat)
Front seat folds forward and swivels for rear passenger access.
You get much more headroom and huge cargo space behind the rear seat.
The MIL could have her own cage in the back corner somewhere:D

cp4628388348413377968.jpg

more pics here
2010 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER GXL TROOPCARRIER VDJ78R MY10 SUV Private Cars For Sale in QLD - carsales.com.au

If this is true (The MIL corner cage) - you probably would have a market .....Not my cuppa, I'm just saying'....

The "source" that he is talking about is most likely Toyota Gibraltar that builds all the NGO and other specialized trucks.They build them in Gibraltar and then end up somehow in Belgium where they get some more specialized work done like outfitting them as ambulance.fire truck or whatever.You can buy these in Belgium with export license and some of the new Troopy's are only like 30K euro new but can't be registered in Europe so I doubt these will ever be possible for import in the US.They even have bare bones 200 series with still the 1hz in them.

To bad we can't just buy these thatc cheap and run em wherever we want :(

Joe

Forgot to mention that they can't be registered straight away,some dealers have found a way to get them on the roads in Europe but is also a costly deal!

Joe

You can buy these in Belgium...

Joe,

All I need are the seats, being the front swivel seats to access the forward facing rear bench.

In Oz, they're inclusive the "RV" package which aren't in large enough numbers for there to be sufficient supply, two resources there claiming they've never even seen.

Any potential for a European source for?

These are bare bones versions for the NGO's and some government deals Chris,the only options you can get on them are utility stuff like a/c,dual tanks,lockers ,snorkel and possible heavy duty suspension.I never seen luxury options on them,also most I have seen have the side benches,even in the 100 and 200 series they only have 2 second row seat and then some side benches in the back.

I doubt they have swivel seats available but I know a guy that works at the dock where they ship these,I will ask him if he has seen them.

Joe

Joe,

All I need are the seats, being the front swivel seats to access the forward facing rear bench.

In Oz, they're inclusive the "RV" package which aren't in large enough numbers for there to be sufficient supply, two resources there claiming they've never even seen.

Any potential for a European source for?
If you need one bad, why don't you get on the EPC and find the part number for a new one? i think the option code is W(WALK-IN SEAT), I'm not 100% sure though.

Can't be done. You will never get it through DOT or EPA.

2014 Toyota crew cab diesel V8. $100,000 new in Colombia. but that is with a lot of tax. I am guessing you can thank California for us not having 70 series diesels plus they would probably be $65,000 or so at least. They come with 4.0 v6 on the basic models. Seems like modern Toyota though it would be great marketing to have a v8 gas or something atleast 70 series. Local Toyota dealers now have FJ25 up on the wall to help sell plastic Corollas. I took my FJ40/FJ43 there a few times just bec I know a friend there 90% of the staff don't know what it is.

Truck has manual AVM hubs. If you go on volcan 4x4 youtube you can hear the engine idle (and weep).

IMG_4614.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom