How to install that body strip of molding under the rear pivot window? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
There is a strip molding (I don't know the correct word) that snaps into the body under the rear side window. I need to install this, but I can't figure out a way to get under or aside the window in order get this in.

IMG_6496-EDIT.jpg

If I install the clips into the molding, there is not enough room to get said strip under that window to press it in. If I install those clips first, I don't have enough space underneath to position the strip anyway.

How does one install this?

I think @dubdub20003 did this successfully, pulled the whole window out. Post#36127 on the ‘what have you done to your 100…’ thread

Wow... impressive memory or stalking ability. I did. You have to pull the window. Which from memory, requires pulling the lower and upper trim in the inside rear, as well as the anchor points on the seatbelts. There are not that many screws holding the window in place(4/5), but getting to it takes time. One tip, also replace the vertical plastic trim that covers the hinges at the front of the window. Those crack... and you don't want to have to pull everything back out to replace those ever again. If you reeeealy wanted to never have to do it again, you can also replace the rubber window seals all the way around. I'd call it a 3 hour job to not rush and do both sides.

The window trim under the other doors are way easier to replace, and if you do all 6 pieces, it really can make the truck look newer/nicer. I think they call it belt trim. Not that i ever suggest this, I have heard from others that the cheap ebay knock-off versions are not terrible.

Has anyone tried using blackout vinyl tape on this rear trim? Finding the actual strip molding seems nearly impossible (part 75991-60830 and 75992-60830) and pretty expensive. I've replaced the other strip molding, but thinking black vinyl tape might work great on the rear strips.
Mental

Seems like you could wrap them or paint them. That said, even if there is an issue with OEM supply right now (I had no problem with partsouq), look around at other threads, people had success with aftermarket Chinese parts that worked…. Or my first choice, but still seems easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom