How did Lone Star Jambore get scheduled same time as Cruise Moab? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
Having two major TLCA events the same week makes it hard for folks to choose. CM's time is defined by the permits which has been the same weekend for 18 years. Not like folks didn't know when it is. Now folks have to decide which event they go to, not if they can go to both.

Just curious as I have been wanting to go to the Lone Star Jambore, but won't be able to in the future as its the same time as Cruise Moab

It is what it is, not wanting to create an issue, just asking a question. If the TLCA says that's the only time The jamboree can be and that's why it was moved, then I'll be good, just won't ever be able to make it. And I doubt I'll see Butch in his Patriotic FJ40 at Moab as he won't be able to go to that either.

Hi Ken

That would be a good question for the hosting club, in this case, Toyota Trail Riders. The events choose the date, not TLCA, although the EVP would be the one to coordinate it, if given the opportunity.

Now, in the case of Rising Sun and Cruise Moab, I know the BLM process is started months in advance. Are the dates set when you submit the application to BLM? I'm not sure when the dates for 2015 were announced, I know 2014's event dates were announced in Sept 2013.

Lone Star is in it's 10th year, so they should know to check dates for conflicts.

Thanks

Ross

Ross, thanks for the reply. Our Permits are 5 year Permits and always for the first weekend of May

They cater to a different crowd than you guys, mostly FJ Cruisers and Tacomas.....would not be surprised if 5% of their attendees know about Cruise Moab

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom