How bad is this coolant leak and where might it be coming from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I've got a nasty coolant leak but I'm not exactly sure of the cause or where it's coming from. It sounds (loud hissing) like it's coming from inside the area circled in the image below. Below that is a YouTube video of what's happening down below.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue? I get the feeling this might be a costly repair.

coolantleak.png

The area directly related to the red circle is all EGR related hoses.
Under that is the pesky heater hose (PHH). Search that term & you will find its a very cheap fix, but also a pain in the butt to get to.

I couldn’t watch the video. It said I didn’t have access.

There is a coolant line under the intake manifold. It is not the PHH but is often referred to as the FHH. Search both terms; everyone has to deal with this, one way or another.

Time to replace those and all other coolant hoses and thermostat.

Hi all,

I've got a nasty coolant leak but I'm not exactly sure of the cause or where it's coming from. It sounds (loud hissing) like it's coming from inside the area circled in the image below. Below that is a YouTube video of what's happening down below.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue? I get the feeling this might be a costly repair.

View attachment 2141249

About a $5 repair and 30 patient min with a long nose plier. Great diagram from @NLXTACY 1FZ-FE coolant flow and planning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom