Hoosier Cruiser Annual Tech Day January 16, 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Buicks can tow?

Buicks can tow?

No, they really don't like pulling Land Cruisers. I towed my FJ55 home with it, and it really, really didn't like it.

Ok, learned my lesson. I got home, frustrated, and had a moment of weakness. :crybaby: Kind of like Tony and the barn animals he calls 'cute'. Learned my lesson... :bang: This is TOYOTA tech day. Got it.:wrench:

I do have one thing I can work on, other than bringing my 12 gauge for you all to shoot. Mirrors for my FJ55. I have some sweet outside auto-dimming, heated mirrors that I got from working at Gentex, one pair is blank, one pair says "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear" in Korean, and one in Arabic. It's pretty stellar. I just need to make housings for them. I have a trace of the housing, and need to fabricate metal housings. I'm going to use RAM mounts to mount them on the door, so I can adjust them. I just need to come up with a housing. What metalworking equipment is there? I know that there are welders, but what other metal working equipment is there?

knowing carl, and his projects, there should be everything you need.

A welder, an angle grinder, and.....well I guess thats all you need :D. s*** you can build anything with a welder and an angle grinder.

Half of the buggies on pirate were built with a welder and an angle grinder. Not even any steel. Just weld.

What's this "steel" you speak of?

Farm amunials are cute specially cows
So mooove over Brian. Its my turn now

Alright, alright, settle the fawk down. We need to get some real business taken care of here, and by that I mean food-n-drink.

Who's bringin' what?

I'm bringin' another crock of chili since it Houdini'd last year in record time. I'll also grab a 12 pack of some kind of soda (that's pop to you yanks)

We'll need bowls, spoon, crackers, shredded cheese, onions, sour cream (yeah, some people really put that chit on chili? WTF)

Chips, desert, maybe commander will try and burn down the garage again with his mad indoor grillin' skilz........

I'm bringin somethin.....Dunno what yet.

Bringing dogs and buns.

Well, the "cute cows" are my usual food but I didn't want to offend anyone.

Since I have a little free time tomorrow afternoon, does anyone need anything picked up from the Chicago area? I have the ability to haul whatever down to Indy on Saturday morning. I have a few things to bring back as well so let me know if you need something dropped off up here.

So far I'm bringing Clint's trailer back to Indy and bringing some springs and axles back to Chicago. Anyone?

Since I have a little free time tomorrow afternoon, does anyone need anything picked up from the Chicago area? I have the ability to haul whatever down to Indy on Saturday morning. I have a few things to bring back as well so let me know if you need something dropped off up here.

So far I'm bringing Clint's trailer back to Indy and bringing some springs and axles back to Chicago. Anyone?

yes....a cheap, low miles, rust free 60.
thanks

Buicks can tow?

No, they really don't like pulling Land Cruisers. I towed my FJ55 home with it, and it really, really didn't like it.

Apparently they're pretty good at flat towing Tercels though.......

Can't believe I saw this on the way to work the other morning and thought of this thread......LMAO.
Photo-0009.jpg

Just a reminder to everyone. Please bring something to eat. For the day to share with everyone. The club will be buying some items like burgers and dogs. Use this email to coordinate food efforts.

I am bringing some dessert.

Richard, John, and I will be there about 11'ish your time. I'll bring some chips and crakers.

I'll be there, If just to hopefully learn some stuff, and watch you guys fawk around. I think that Mikelypp will be coming with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom