Hoosier Cruiser Annual Tech Day January 16, 2010 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Put January 16, 2010 on your calendar for a Hoosier Cruiser good time at Carl's shop. A big thanks to Carl for his hospitality. Plan to get there around 9:00 AM and just hang out for the day. Members can post up some ideas on what projects they want to tackle on their rigs that might benefit the group as a whole.

The other thing we will do is have our annual meeting. During the meeting, we set the event schedule for the coming year, collect membership dues, (including TLCA subscription) welcome new members, elect officers, and gather ideas for a successful year. Would suggest checking your schedules before this meeting so there are as few conflicts as possible. That also goes for finding out when other TLCA events are occurring that we might want to work around.

We also need to eat very well while we're there so post up what you would like to bring for a pitch-in. Last year we had a $20.00 limit cruiser related gift exchange so post up if you want to participate in that. Also last year, Clint started a new tradition we might want to carry forward...target practice. In back of the shop is a field that lends itself to the discharge of firearms if you want to bring your favorite piece to let off some steam. I have a box of clay pigeons and a couple clay pigeon throwers that I will bring. If anyone else wants to bring some clays, that would be cool too.

For anyone who may not know where Carl's shop is....Outback Offroad Gear is located on the south side of Indy at 8475 N. 700 East. from I65, take the Greenwood exit and go east about 5 miles to 700 East. Turn left and go up about a block or two and then turn right between two houses. The shop is in the back. Big building. Here is the Mapquest link: Map of 8475 N 700 E Indianapolis, IN by MapQuest

Looking forward to a great time. Happy Holidays to all.
Carl's Shop.jpg

I plan to be there (pending snow) with the following:

6qt. Crock of Chili

Baretta 96fs - 100 rounds
Mini-14 - 100 rounds

My 80 needs sliders, so if Carl is up for it, I'll make sure the tubing is there and we can all have a bending/welding lesson for those who need/want it.

Sliders would be a great project and maybe Ron can finally get some made too. I had thought about doing the finalization of my hydro assist, but I think everyone would get more out of the fab tech. I was also planning on bringing a good portion of my arsenal for some fun in the fields. I had a "blast" last year with my new shotgun. :D

I'm in on the gift exchange if everyone wants to do it again.

Clint

Yep almost forgot, I'm in for the exchange again also.

I'll say yes to exchange, Karen and I will make something to be determined for food, and I'll bring my Browning BPS 12 gauge and my yet-to-be-purchased Springfield Armory XD 45ACP.

I'll help with projects, as my FJ40 needs a lift and rear locker, but it's not going anywhere, especially since the salt trucks came out.

Should I bring my welding gear? Does this shop have a mill and/or lathe?

I don't have a gun but will gladly shoot someone elses

I am down for the gift exchange

I would like to add some tube work to my rig as well
But if its not feasible to do that much in one day that's ok

I will bring some food

I'll be there with a desert of some sort. I'm also down for the gift exchange this year. Probably bring a Mosin Nagant M31 and a couple .22's. Does anyone have any interesting targets or target suggestions? I've got a bunch of paint balls folks could shoot at.

The organizers checked with Carl first this year right? IIRC he wasn't too happy about last year's event timing.

Nick

I'll be there with a desert of some sort. I'm also down for the gift exchange this year. Probably bring a Mosin Nagant M31 and a couple .22's. Does anyone have any interesting targets or target suggestions? I've got a bunch of paint balls folks could shoot at.

The organizers checked with Carl first this year right? IIRC he wasn't too happy about last year's event timing.

Nick

Carl knows and is fine with it. He really wasn't mad last year, it's was just our ongoing mess with Ron plan.

Paintballs sound like fun to shoot at! Carl has a junk big screen TV that needs airing out :D

I'm in for gift exchange and some sort of swill.

I'll bring my Red Rider BB Gun.
The only gun I own is still in the box, never opened it, won in a raffle (my daughter pulled my name, HA!) It is just like the rifle that "The Rifleman" carried.

I'm in for gift exchange and some sort of swill.

I'll bring my Red Rider BB Gun.
The only gun I own is still in the box, never opened it, won in a raffle (my daughter pulled my name, HA!) It is just like the rifle that "The Rifleman" carried.

You'll shoot your eye out, kid

We're in for the exchange and some kind of food. I'll check with the boss as to what we will bring.
We will bring "funeral dogs"(natural casing) and buns.

Last edited:
I'd like to be there, I'd love to learn to make sliders. They'd be a pleasant replacement for the damn side steps I havent taken off yet.

Have you guys had a slider building say before?

Last one I had we were in the shop for about 20 hours.

So then you will be going down to over see the operation? You are so nice! Those guys are lucky!

maaaaybe you should pick me up on the way, Ill snatch up some gats. The 45-70 is always a croud pleaser

The 45-70 is always a shoulder snapper

Yep. Took a coyote down with a 45-70 once. Wasn't much left to clean up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom