Homemade tire carrier (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Home made tire carrier

Thanks for the replys everyone, Christo and Jim you guys were dead on about reinforcing the spindle, I used a piece of 3/4 solid moly and triangulated it. Yes and it was very windy that day as I remember but will definitely practice welding before next creation. As for the latch, my first latch was a 90 degree one and couldnt get it to work. I just happened to stumble into a Izuzu heavy truck dealership and saw the current latch, its seems very strong and cost me a whole $20, time will tell.

Thanks everyone
:cheers:
new.JPG

where did you get the spindle?

Wow. I'm not in a position to judge its sturdiness but is sure looks clean (once the bumper corner is back on;)). I like the dragster component as well. As for every homemade gear, I'd like to know how much you spent on it?

Its holding up good, no rattles or bounce. Ive done some offroading and probly 3k miles since I did it.

As for cost maybe a hundred bucks, I got the spindle and the round piece the tire bolts to from DIY4.com (do it yourself 4x4) . And as for material me and some friends built a trailer grill a couple years ago, left over scrap metal went to everything else and some roll cage tubing.

Very cool!

Very, very cool, BRO! It makes me want to do my own. I love you design and I am gonna totally rip it off by building my own. I really like the use of the stock rear bumper. :clap:

Good job dude .. thought are in the same welding skills level :D

One thing it's maybe you can do the same latch concept inches closer to the corner or inches away, just to allow in the middle the towing hook or any other thing .. don't waste the fram rail and bolts only in a tire carrier latch ..

That is sweet, can you e-mail me the pics, I want to show my buddy to see what he thinks and maybe do something like it. I was going to try and do a whole bumper but now that seem like more work right now, I really just want the spare out from underneeth.

My e-mail is chris@dirtydrifters.com

Thanks

Breadbox, no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom