HJ60 Fuel Feed Pump Leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

Started looking for possible issues but, can't figure it out via the googles or the forum.

I have a slow leak on the fuel feed pump. It seems like its the underside of the unit but, could be the back side against the engine.

Should I just grab new gaskets and rebuild and go from there or is there a common failure point?

Thanks,

Couple photos for help :)

uAC9a1mOx9WO3I-Sxtne98mL29259Gwbf9OdKkhJlN0

Umi6cVCHc1zbplcjKkuEhy01tP6MqT5uUWDyrJpSDJM

You definitely have a leak, but it's hard to tell from where. I would begin by pressure washing the area clean, and then closely monitor things from there. Check the priming pump to see if the plastic knob is tightened down firmly, by hand. These can leak, but usually only while being used or when not snugged up after use.

You definitely have a leak, but it's hard to tell from where. I would begin by pressure washing the area clean, and then closely monitor things from there. Check the priming pump to see if the plastic knob is tightened down firmly, by hand. These can leak, but usually only while being used or when not snugged up after use.

Thanks! I'll see what I can figure out.

Today it showed itself a little more obviously. Its at the base of the priming pump. Does it need a new gasket, unit or cleaned?

Cheap part to replace , clean the inline filter that is in the incoming fuel line too.

file.php

BOSCH Hand Primer Pump Diesel Fuel Feed Pump # 2447222126
Check maintenance 2h-engine PDF page FU-20

file.php

file.php

small filter:
check inline filter 22529 22529-67010 FILTER, FUEL PUMP. FILTER, FUEL PUMP (08.1980-08.1987) 3B,2H..BJ60,HJ60; (mostly nothing there)
file.php

Cheap part to replace , clean the inline filter that is in the incoming fuel line too.

file.php

BOSCH Hand Primer Pump Diesel Fuel Feed Pump # 2447222126
Check maintenance 2h-engine PDF page FU-20

file.php

file.php

small filter:
check inline filter 22529 22529-67010 FILTER, FUEL PUMP. FILTER, FUEL PUMP (08.1980-08.1987) 3B,2H..BJ60,HJ60; (mostly nothing there)
file.php

Thank you! I'll replace and rebuild and update the thread.

Had a hell of a time getting the old one off but, swapped for the bosch. Good as new no leaks. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom