HJ47

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Handbrake has been working great, has a heaps better feel to it as well.
Mirrors turned up a few days ago and l decided to get them fitted up.
I went for some Landrover defender mirrors, l know it's not factory Toyota but the standard Toyota mirrors are crap.
Anyway l had to make an adaptor to mount these up. I hand cut some 10mm alloy into the factory mount shape with two holes to mount the mirror.
PXL_20260708_072529429.webp
PXL_20260708_072523062.webp

Some of the mirror mounted, l will paint these black so they blend in. Mirrors feel solid and should not fold at speeds or rough terrain.
PXL_20260708_071058470.webp
PXL_20260708_071204903.webp
 
Love those! Nicely done mate! I went with Cheep TJ mirrors (they fold, they don't vibrate, and they look better on a 40 series than in their native habitat), so I certainly can't judge you: I only wish I'd thought of the Defender mirrors myself. Agreed, Mr Toyoda could have done a better job on those 40 series mirrors.

20260513_123745.webp
 
Last edited:
So after a quick inspection of the utes and troopy I decided on the Ute in the pictures above as I already have the shorty in a rebuild process. My brother was keen to keep the troopy as everyone kept telling him how good it was and rare.
slowly turning him into a cruiser head👌
wish we can find rustfree rigs like this in canada...
 
Nice to have some decent mirrors again, been doing a few runs in the HJ47. Checked the oil filter and realised that it's been around 4 years since it's had an oil change, only done a few thousand Kms in that time.
So she got an oil change with some Castrol RX Super, after replacing the sump plug washer with a genuine one l brought it had a small weep. Did some googling on mud and after removing the fresh oil and plug l found the surface area of the seal face had a small indent. There's a the drain hole in the threads that becomes squashed and the washer won't seal, see below.
PXL_20260811_232539632.webp

So after some levering and metal shaping it was flush again and l sealed it with a smear of gasket glue to be sure.
PXL_20260813_033655326.webp
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom