HJ47 non-EDIC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Quick question for you diesel experts. I recently purchased a 1984 HJ47 ute while here on work duty in Fiji. It had a cable attached to the injectector pump to shut off the engine. It appears that it never had EDIC as there are no brackets for the edic motor and the attachments for the cable seem stock. My question is, was there ever a non-edic model made?

I probably will not modify it to EDIC and am looking for a good replacement cable. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

My question is, was there ever a non-edic model made?

Yes there were non EDIC models. I prefer cables, I never really saw the need for an EDIC. I think Toyota tried to make their diesels more car like in affluent countries.
Less affluent countries got the tractor controls.

Yes there were non EDIC models. I prefer cables, I never really saw the need for an EDIC. I think Toyota tried to make their diesels more car like in affluent countries.

Makes sense that this one from Fiji would have cables as I am pretty sure they used it for work in the Cane fields.

Any suggestions for a replacement cable?

Thx!

You could try this company in Sydney. They may have made them before as a replacement for EDIC's that no longer function.
Look under Push Pull Cables. I think they custom make them as well.
Cables and Controls – Ph (02) 8649 1442

Tractor controls....I like that!......If I remember correctly, I seem to recall some early HJ H diesels having the pull cable.

ABC3210.jpg

https://www.steinertractor.com/ABC3210Universal-Engine-Stop-Cable

!......If I remember correctly, I seem to recall some early HJ H diesels having the pull cable.

They are still in the parts diagrams listed as available, but its it comes in 3 pieces and is over $100. I doubt they would be available from Toyota Australia. Anything before 1990 and they go glassy eyed.

Makes sense that this one from Fiji would have cables as I am pretty sure they used it for work in the Cane fields.

Any suggestions for a replacement cable?

Thx!

You can use any old cable, like a bike brake cable. I would try to get a replacement OEM cable or get yours fixed but to get you by any old cable will work.

Let me know if you need part # for the original cable.

Cheers

You can use any old cable, like a bike brake cable. I would try to get a replacement OEM cable or get yours fixed but to get you by any old cable will work.

Let me know if you need part # for the original cable.

Cheers

If you wouldn't mind. I would truly appreciate the original PN as it would be great to source the original if possible!

Thank you!!!

Ted

If you wouldn't mind. I would truly appreciate the original PN as it would be great to source the original if possible!

Thank you!!!

Ted

I will get ya the part # later today when I am in front of my laptop.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom