hj 61 guys getting hassled by dot ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
after checking out the surrey cruiser days , i am leaning towards buying a hj61 , my only concern is getting hassled by the d.o.t. , i am thinking the 61 is less likley to be pulled over than an 80 ? maybe not an issuse here in vancouver with so many jdm's running around ?

Just curious, has anyone in the lower mainland been "hassled?". If so where and what were you driving? I drove past an inspection at the Coquihalla and the team didn't pay any attention at all to my HDJ81. Just waved me past. I never thought of it till this thread came up.

The cops I've talked to think the rig is cool, right-hand drives are very common on Vancouver Island, including vintage MGBs and Jags.

The DOT guys are looking out for tandem dump trucks with leaky brakes etc...we fly under their radar.

There were some very nice 61s at Cruiser days, including those two M-13 advertising rigs. 80s were fine as well, including some conversions.
No problems with DOT/Cops, I agree with Moose, they are usually on the prowl for Dump Trucks etc.

Never had an issue with CVSE (what you guys are calling "DOT") pulling me over and "hassling" me yet...and one time one of them was behind me, and I know he was thinking about it. We'll see what the future brings...:)

I'll go ahead and move this thread to the JDM section, since it's not tech...

:beer:

There are just so many bigger fish to fry in traffic. I think someone in the enforcement field would have to be very intent on the JDM issue to focus on such a vehicle. It sounds like there are a few around, but very, very few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom