High level of lead in Blackstone test (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've had the LC for 3 months and put 3k miles on it. The PO didn't do much pm and the truck sat for years. I baselines it when I got it and since have always been worried about a blown head gasket so I sent off an oil sample last week. I got a call today from BSL saying they did not find any coolant in the oil but did see lots of lead. They say typically levels around 2ppm and I was 400ppm. He recommended not driving and I may have thrown a bearing. Car drives fine (weird hesitation accelerating) but no drops in oil pressure. My mechanic said drive it and retest in 1000 miles. Anyone have any thoughts. Thanks.

I agree with your mechanic; sounds like a contaminated sample. If you'd thrown a bearing, you'd know it. (ask me how I know)

Change your oil, drive it 1000 miles and send them another sample.

Oh, and don't drink any.

Get out of Flint Michigan and it again.

41R3wlqTd1L.jpg

Using this fancy new oil additive, are you?:eek:

Yeah, someone probably thought it was an "older vehicle " and that it needed to run a lead additive either in the oil and/or the fuel.

It neefs all unleaded. I agree with the mechanic to change the oil, drsin and retest in 3000 or less miles. It SHOULD show up as less, but still elevated numbers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom