Her 62 Zoe (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Real cooling problems almost always come down to the radiator.

But the issues of erratic gauge behavior are common and are due to the voltage regulator that is built into the dash gauge. Sounds crazy, but the fix is to replace the fuel gauge.

Think @Spook50 is the one that has the fix for it. Normally the bounce is associated with changes in the fuel gauge as well. Could also be a faulty gauge, still available I believe, or sender.
I have a fix figured out anyway. Right now I need to go through my fuel gauge circuit and find out if I've got an open somewhere (thinking a loose connector) because even after replacing my sender my gauge is only working sporadically. The old sender was toast though, so it still needed to be replaced. I just need to verify that the issue isn't my prototype. I somewhat doubt it is because the temp gauge works flawlessly and the regulator feeds both the temp and fuel gauges. I'll spare everyone the sob story of my divorce, but I'll be finding out next month if I get my house back or if I'm going to have to look for another place to set up shop. I don't have the space to do it at my sister and brother in law's place (where I've been living since September of '14), so the project's been on hold for over two years. I'm still looking forward to picking it up again though, and I'm really wanting to see this through.

@Cruiserdrew is right as well. The regulator that feeds the fuel and temp gauges is inside the fuel gauge. IIRC about $80 to replace, but it keeps it stock. My fix is a "bolt-on" solid state regulator.

Zoe has had a few new parts installed on her.
T stat,water pump,radiator,clutch fan,pcv valve which has made her run much cooler:)
AT oil light came on rallyin the canyon so...
Drained and flushed system,new tranny filter,gaskets and fresh ATF which has made her shift much better:)
All new TREs and spring bushings which made her ride quality much better:)
She's close to a maiden voyage trip

image.jpeg

When my FJ62 still had an AT, it made all the difference in the world to add a big tranny cooler. I used a Ford tranny cooler that I got somewhere, but it was perfect. Now that cooler is the power steering cooler.

Good work, new radiator is almost always the cure.

Was the last pic taken at Brighton @SAWTOOTH 55 LC I love that place to bad I live in nc no damn snow here on the obx well if it does snow not much to do with it besides watch it melt. I drove my 62 to Breckenridge Colorado last winter first time there been going to utah for over 10 years might try and drive it out to utah next winter.

Was the last pic taken at Brighton @SAWTOOTH 55 LC I love that place to bad I live in nc no damn snow here on the obx well if it does snow not much to do with it besides watch it melt. I drove my 62 to Breckenridge Colorado last winter first time there been going to utah for over 10 years might try and drive it out to utah next winter.
Good eye yes it is Brighton:) I live at the mouth of the canyon. This year has been an epic ski year

Believe me I know!! Well if make it out next year i'll hit you up...usually there for a week to two weeks but if I drive out might try to stay longer.

When my FJ62 still had an AT, it made all the difference in the world to add a big tranny cooler. I used a Ford tranny cooler that I got somewhere, but it was perfect. Now that cooler is the power steering cooler.

Good work, new radiator is almost always the cure.
I did pick up a cooler as well. Still needs install. Hopefully that solves my issues

I've had these racks sitting around for a while. I was going to put them on the 55 but it's in storage so they're going on the 62. The roofs and gutters are similar enough I'm sure I can make it work on both. building some home brew towers to come soon

image.jpeg

sweet! how'd you bend the keeper tabs?

Thanks. It's just square tube with ends cut off. C channel would work well too. The top tab is a 1/4" longer than the bottom keeper.

image.jpeg

Canton Racing tranny oil cooler installed:) hoping to pull my tent trailer now

image.jpeg

Zoe completed her first test run and performed great. Rallied up the canyons with no heat problems, bounced over the rocks and Cruised the dusty roads of the San Rafael Swell for 6 days. My wife and I served dinner for a Cruise Moab crew so we were super loaded down with supplies. Still Zoe was nothing but awesome. She has earned the right to a few more new parts:)

Our very rustic storage box worked great.

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom