Helping a Friend / 2000 4wd Tacoma Part source? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a friend working on a 2000 Tacoma 4wd....issue with front wheel bearing. He has taken the front end partially apart and has noticed there is a brass bushing in the hub assembly that needs to be replaced. He found a place on line "Off Road Solutions" that listed the part but apparently does not respond to phone calls or email and shows it out of stock. He is being told by local toyota that toyota only sells the entire hub for about $250.00.

Anyone know of a source of this brass bushing? Can you in fact buy it by itself?

Looking for a source or more info....obviously not interested in buying the entire hub unless thats the only option.

Let me know if anyone is familiar with this part or sources?

Thanks, Elbert

Elbert, I got your message but figure I will respond here. I do know that Mr Toyota does only sell the knuckles as complete units. I looked into them when I was looking at doing a manual hub swap. Now when you say hub, does it have manual hubs, or are you talking about the bearing and spindle assembly. I dont know that I recall a bushing like you are mentioning, unless it is inside the spindle similar to the ones that the outer shaft rides in on a solid axle, inside the spindle. I do know the bearing assembly that is preased into the knuckles is a major B and takes like a 60 ton press or more to push it out and back in.

I will have to check a little more and get back to you on the bushing...

Last edited:
Standard hub assembly does not have any brass bushing, the manual hub should not either, same bearing etc. are you talking about the spanner nut that holds the bearing together?

ORS Replacement Hub Bushing - Products - Off Road Solutions

"ORS Replacement hub bushings" based on the parts listing...manual hubs, I just got brief info from my friend...

I guess they are out there.... I'm going off a text msg from my friend... here is a link to the part source mentioned above...but apparently they are not in stock.

my assumption is it might be one of those things...that are OEM only and sometimes everyone might not pay attention to the parts pressed internally. I know some of the GM stuff is like that here and there...

web site notes its a unique part that is OEM only and he claims to be the only source. I guess my friend came across this in a web search. I had never heard of it, but does not mean anything. Assume its unique to the manual hubs. Seems crazy that this potentially is a part that only comes OEM in a manual hub assembly.... (based on what is assumed at this point)

Last edited:
based on web research.... if still in business the ORS guy may be the only aftermarket source out there if avaliable, otherwise it appears you have to get the hub from toyotat to get the bushings.

Brass bushing inside front wheel hub - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

appreciate the feedback. On the link i posted above it appears that someone recently bought some of these from ORS....hard to confirm. I know some of those web site "business" are mission impossible to contact in a timely manner. apparently manual hub is different.

will update if I find out more... chime in if anyone has more info

thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom