Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the input guys. This is the second Toyota I have owned, well third if you count a geo prism....I was young and broke. Had a 2nd gen Pickup 22RE that was amazing. I have restored a few MKII VW GTI's, 86 nissan p/u, 87 blazer, 89 suburban 2500 (don't judge me). I know my way around vehicles mechanically its easy; suck, squeeze, bang, blow as for electrically I get by. I do have the FSM and Factory Electrical and I have been following it. I am stumped at this point. As others suggested, go through and check my work to ensure all is right. I double/triple checked each thing I have done. Everything is put together correctly, no bent pins in connectors, all proper torque, everything is correct. Only things I didn't get around to today; checking operation of FPR, EGR sensor, fuel pump resistor and IAC. Gonna check those tomorrow and see if those expensive ones are my headache. List of things I have changed in this process, by reading threads, my own trouble shooting and being lazy and just ordering parts to throw at it. Ok so here is the complete list within the last 6 months, most of it is the last month: Circuit Opening Relay, Fuel Pump main relay in engine bay fuse box, Fuel Pump relay in fender, circuit opening relay (today), fuel pump and strainer, CPS, fusible link, ignitor, coil, wires, plugs, cap/rotor, O2 sensors. I am using all Toyota OEM, DENSO or Import Direct. Mechanically it runs amazing like a Toyota with 195k, leak's oil like crazy, Ill pull the engine later for complete overhaul at some point. Body is in amazing shape, interior well... its mostly pulled cause it was gross. My PO is my father in-law's girlfriend. I asked them for 6 years to buy it from them, they are engineers so they don't get us. I showed up on leave two days before christmas '16 and there was a tow truck in front of their house about to load her up. Asked why, and he said "I'm donating it". I about lost my s*&t. Talked him out of it, I got it for free and I ended up towing it from CO to WA a week later. So the money I put into it is no loss for me. I just miss driving it and my wife is about to lose her sh!t not having a car while I'm at work.

Alright fellas I found the culprit. I checked the cap and rotor like 3 times and was getting spark, but intermittent. Re check all my dang work and power was right everywhere. Decided to take the cap of and look again. Well here is what I found. I just kept pulling and pulling. Teeth are all jacked and bearing is bad. Guess I got a whole new fuel and ignition system to last me another 200k. Can't believe I didn't check that sooner. I'm and idiot. Lesson learned.

15197131564131630315195.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom