Help! Stranded, fuel issue. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm in a pickle. Truck won't start, 99 100 series. Fuel pump is 2 months old, but it's not working. I got a new fuel pump ecu but I can't find the old one! I know it sounds crazy but I looked in the FSM and have searched my brains out. Can someone tell me where it is???

Im having the same problem, I cant find the old ECU. someone please reply

If you are speaking of the fuel cut of switch/reset switch I think its on the driver side right foot area.

upload_2016-10-7_8-36-27.png

Are you entirely sure it's the fuel pump ecu? Have you checked the immobilizer status and also the EFI relay and fuse combo?

What duggy said. Looking through the webs seems like its more likely to be an immobilizer issue

The Relay is new and I checked the fuel pump switch and it has continuity through the pins so I believe it is working. Im sorry I dont know what an immobilizer is or how to check it. Please inform

My Hundy recently going through the very same - cranks but won't start. I thought it could be a fuel pump issue as well, but in reading here I discovered the "immobilizer issue" which describes the same starting problem, cranks but no start.

Personally I don't think it's an actual "immobilizer issue" since not all 100-series have the immobilizer, I think it's an electrical contact issue inside the fuse box, since the remedy for most everyone seems to be messing with the 20A EFI fuse circuit. Why this particular circuit brings down the greatest vehicle series made on Earth, I have no idea (electrical gremlins man, electrical gremlins).

Anyways, it did it to me again last week and this time I couldn't get it to fire after multiple attempts - so this time I read more and decided to pull the 20A EFI fuse (which looked good visibly) slightly tweaked the prongs with my pliers to make the fuse wedge into the holder a little bit tighter and the vehicle fired up as normal and has been acting like nothing happened since then. I would try the EFI fuse.

Good luck!

So....in just reading here on Mud, I see it's quite a common problem -- does Toyota know about this common issue we're having?

WOW!!! ok my 20 amp fuse looked good even swapped it out with the horn 20 amp fuse with no luck. I took some brakeclean and shot the hell out of the port, cleaned the fuse prongs plugged the fuse back in and it fired up just took for a spin with no issues. Now I have an extra Fuel pump ECU if someone needs it lol.

Glad to hear it worked for you!

1 down, 1 more to go! Hopefully we can close this thread out without having to find the location of the fuel pump ECU :)

OK. Something new everyday!

So, can someone tell me where is thie EFI fuse is located? I have no issue but seems like something very important to know.

Thanks

Fuse box in engine compartment, driver's side next to battery. Diagram of fuses are there too. It's the first of the three small fuses sitting perpendicular to the longer row of fuses.

Don't know if this what you need or looking for. But spotted the other day while DS rear interior wheel cover was off next to jack.

Fuel pump control:
Final cleaning 003.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom