Help! On the side of the road….FJ62, hose blew (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lost power on the freeway. Pulled over and looking at the engine….found this which seems a likely culprit. Going to attempt a field repair. Any ideas?

0DCDDCC7-D633-4845-A957-DB32B9254E2C.jpeg

That’s just the air pump hose for air injection (smog pump).
It doesn’t have to be connected for the engine to run.

When you get home, order another check valve. Yours has corroded out.

Glad you got it going. Makes me wonder what most people carry in their 60's for emergency/road repairs. That might be an interesting thread for someone not as lazy as me to start.
There is a thread in the bowels of 'Mud somewhere; but I'm too lazy to search. :lol:
Duct tape and chewing gum and bailing wire, at a minimum.

Glad you got it going. Makes me wonder what most people carry in their 60's for emergency/road repairs. That might be an interesting thread for someone not as lazy as me to start.
I make sure I ALWAYS have self-sealing silicone tape. It’s saved me twice when I’ve gotten a coolant hose leak, and once when the same hose as OP split open on my 60 (causes mixture to go lean).

I carry various diameter hoses and vac line, red duct tape, basic OEM tools, socket set, box wrenches, plus vise grips, a big set of channel locks, a big flathead screwdriver, and various fluids. That’s my daily driver stuff and all the tools fit in a 16x12x8 canvas bag, smaller than it sounds. For the trail I have a slightly larger bag with recovery gear, spares, and more tools like a torch and large sockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom