HELP!!! I lost part of my drive shaft! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, this may have been asked before, if so I apologize, I couldn’t find it. Long story short I had to dolly my 60 home from Kalispell, MT to my home in Washington state. I unbolted the rear driveline of my fj and bungeed it up under it. My dumb a** forgot to pull the slip yoke off the back of the driveshaft before I took off. So somewhere in Montana my slip yoke is on the side off the road. I’ve been trying to track down a new one and I have had no luck , I can’t find a used one so far and have looked everywhere for a new one. I found the 4 bolt flange on eBay of all places. Looks like it’s a fj62 flange? It’s a 66x66mm bolt pattern, but I cannot find the yoke anywhere. I counted the splines and it came out as a 20 spline on the DL. But alas, I can’t find a 20 spline yoke, only 16 and 27 spline. Does anyone have one I can buy/know where I can get one? Any help would be hugely helpful. I really want to get her back on the road. Thanks
Ps, if you live around Kalispell and see a yoke somewhere between there and St Regis on the side of the road, maybe around the courthouse in downtown Kalispell, let me know please, I kinda need it…

Hey guys, this may have been asked before, if so I apologize, I couldn’t find it. Long story short I had to dolly my 60 home from Kalispell, MT to my home in Washington state. I unbolted the rear driveline of my fj and bungeed it up under it. My dumb a** forgot to pull the slip yoke off the back of the driveshaft before I took off. So somewhere in Montana my slip yoke is on the side off the road. I’ve been trying to track down a new one and I have had no luck , I can’t find a used one so far and have looked everywhere for a new one. I found the 4 bolt flange on eBay of all places. Looks like it’s a fj62 flange? It’s a 66x66mm bolt pattern, but I cannot find the yoke anywhere. I counted the splines and it came out as a 20 spline on the DL. But alas, I can’t find a 20 spline yoke, only 16 and 27 spline. Does anyone have one I can buy/know where I can get one? Any help would be hugely helpful. I really want to get her back on the road. Thanks
Ps, if you live around Kalispell and see a yoke somewhere between there and St Regis on the side of the road, maybe around the courthouse in downtown Kalispell, let me know please, I kinda need it…

this should help you brother :

E6AEF0E2-E86B-40FE-9F46-91580953CEAA.jpeg
A1002847-205D-4435-A254-B66543AB7EDF.jpeg
8B3EDC79-3FD1-4324-93DB-F7A4E31CBF4B.jpeg

Last edited:
I hate dolly’s! 😡 So much can go wrong. Mike at MetricOffroad in Grand Junction
might be able to set you up with a used piece if you have no luck elsewhere.

Maybe Matt fell asleep while typing?

how dare you .........:poof:

ToyotaMatt is always on the job helping
fellow members 24/7 :)

B0C717DE-414E-43A0-99D2-F9CD0EEEA250 - Copy.jpg

can u simply post a bunch of GOOD TECH descriptive photos of what all is still remaining on your truck ?

as far as the propeller shafts go ?

this WILL reduce any confusion and prevent any unnecessary stressful speculation as well

focus on the facts and matter at hand , photos will do the rest

u can do this ! :)

there is this section called classifieds, I would post a wanted ad there, along with the bolt spacing needed
all the slip yokes are the same for spline count, the flange bolt pattern would be all you need.

Ok, I got back and got all the measurements I could, it appears as though the pinion flange on the rear axle is not original, while the flange has some rust the nut is newer/still has the gold zinc coating. It is a 20 spline shaft, major diameter is 1.310-1.311 splines are approximately 4 7/8” long. I suspect one of the previous owner may have swapped fj62 axles in but idk how to tell the difference.

23D7E5F0-873E-49E0-9D06-9CCC94CBB324.jpeg

366BFBEB-8B14-4921-B3D6-9B76EFD95F3D.jpeg

E60D0F97-5D9F-4622-B9F5-7B5C805849F8.jpeg

06C84139-A770-4C63-832B-8AB1F8A8755C.jpeg

8ADDEC30-6D65-4ABE-9AD6-37E424CA5996.jpeg

I can have one out the door in a medium flat rate box in the morning with a good U-joint. I have a bucket of good slip yokes.
Along with a full set of new OEM driveshaft hardware which I would highly recommend you replace the Home Depot bolts on the transfer case yoke with.

Last edited:
Well, I got to talking with a friend of mine, we both came to the conclusion that I would be better off to order a new Tom woods driveshaft with standardized 1310 u joints and everything is brand new, right, right and bolt in, I appreciate all the help though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom