Heater not working...kinda (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

Tried searching other threads but wasn't able to find this exact issue on a 100 series (2000 Toyota Land Cruiser).

When I put temp to 85 (MAX) hot air blows just fine out of the front vents. If I put the temp to about 80 I’m getting significantly cooler air and at 75 it’s straight cold.

Anybody deal with something like this? I’m thinking of changing the heater control valve? Not quite sure and would love to avoid changing random parts if possible.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Mine was like that when I bought it. The temperature sensor in the dash was unplugged. Cleaned and reconnected it and everything has been working fine since.

Mine was like that when I bought it. The temperature sensor in the dash was unplugged. Cleaned and reconnected it and everything has been working fine since.
Oh interesting...Mine always worked fine up until recently. Do you think it could have rattled loose or something?

Also, do you know if there's an thread on how to get to the temperature sensor?

Thank you! I kept searching for heater instead of climate control maybe that's why I wasn't finding anything...

Mine acted like that, pull the lower dash panel the one with the ignition key panel... there’s a hose/loom and connector right below the ignition cylinder. Make sure both are plugged in.

not sure if I cut and pasted properly, but this thread has a lot of heater related observations and tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom