Heater hose replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I forget now which end of that 100 series hose I cut to use for the rear heater right side coming off the T connection. I held the old original hose next to the new formed 100 series hose and cut the side that had the closest bend. Or to put it the other way, one side would've bent the new hose too much when installed, the other hardly any.

But IIRC the remaining straight section of that hose after cutting was not quite long enough to then use for the other rear ~1/2" heater hose. So I used a straight section of 1/2" Gates Green Stripe for the left side attached to the multi-pipe assembly in the photo above.

FWIW

Last edited:
I'm planning on ordering a couple more of those 100 series hoses, to use to make either/both ends of the various rear heater circuits on my 80 stablemates. Now I'm wondering how many 100s I let go when I could have been robbing them of usable 80 parts...

@cruiserdan your avatar didn't pop up whan I posted my last; it did this time. Curiouser and curiouser...

Just received the 100 series hose (87245-6A201) to replace the upper hardline connections to the rear heater circuit. They are 14mm ID and there looks to be enough length there to get the two upper ends, and have some left over. Now I need to order two more of those for stock. Many thanks to @Kernal & Dan Busey (whose handle seems to have vanished - what's up with that?).

View attachment 3022844

The web gods turned it upside down. It wasn't me. Honest.

So the the T section on right side and the bottom hose connection on this left side pipe can use 87245-6A201 (cut to fit)? The pipe connection above this is one of the 99556-30100 I believe.

Need to make sure I have all of my clamps orders...haha.

Last edited:
So the the T section on right side and the bottom hose connection on this left side pipe can use 87245-6A201 (cut to fit)? The pipe connection above this is one of the 99556-30100 I believe.

Need to make sure I have all of my clamps orders...haha.
Yes

Thanks for confirming! I was a little confused, because @Kernal said above it may not be long enough after cutting to fit the left side. Maybe worst case, I could always try using Gates 28460 (9801) if I come up short.

I'll be sure to add a couple more 87124-60070 clamps, I ordered 2 for the right side, but forgot about the left side connection.

Last edited:
Thanks for confirming! I was a little confused, because @Kernal said above it may not be long enough after cutting to fit the left side. Maybe worst case, I could always try using Gates 28460 (9801) if I come up short.

I'll be sure to add a couple more 87124-60070 clamps, I ordered 2 for the right side, but forgot about the left side connection.
The Toyota hoses are much better. They actually fit the tubing, unlike the Gates SAE hose.

Good to know - trying to make this is painless as possible. Cutting the OEM hose for these 2 pieces is the way I'm going, thanks again!
FWIW, I use a tubing/PVC pipe cutter, like this one (this is not the same as mine, but it's close)
1676339693949.png

The idea is to get a cutter that is made for tubing/pipe; one that supports the tube and slices it. Any cutter made for landscape tubing/pipe will work. You cannot get a perpendicular (which you need) cut with anything else.

I tried for years to get correct cuts with knives, boxcutters, scissors, etc. and gave up. I now use the right tool and wish I had been using it all along.

FWIW, I use a tubing/PVC pipe cutter, like this one (this is not the same as mine, but it's close)
View attachment 3247901
The idea is to get a cutter that is made for tubing/pipe; one that supports the tube and slices it. Any cutter made for landscape tubing/pipe will work. You cannot get a perpendicular (which you need) cut with anything else.

I tried for years to get correct cuts with knives, boxcutters, scissors, etc. and gave up. I now use the right tool and wish I had been using it all along.

So you’re saying one of my utility blades won’t make the cut? 🤣

Would this work? Finger Release Ratcheting PVC Pipe Cutter - https://www.harborfreight.com/finger-release-ratcheting-pvc-pipe-cutter-62588.html

Or this? Amazon product ASIN B01C8G4F7M

Yes, but I think the ratcheting action is overkill. I have a large PVC only and a small PVC and tubing cutter; both have simple pivots and work fine.
Only reason is I need to hop over to HF soon for another tool run (again), so I figured I’d check what they had. Ratcheting is def overkill for these rubber hoses but maybe I’ll cut some pipe one day? 🤣

Edit: Ordered the Scamazon ones - still went to HF.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom