Heater/A/C not working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, New to the site so I apologize if I am out of order on something. I recently purchased an 84 fj60. 2f engine that had been desmogged and had a Holley carb installed. Runs well. Short version, I have no working a/c and no heater fan. Has a good fuse. Please help. Summer is heating up around here!

Details/ story

PO stated all in working order, however a/c and heater fan did not work during test drive. He seemed genuinely surprised. We spent a few minutes looking and came to the conclusion that it was likely the 30 amp fuse. The Po to the PO had done some "creative" wiring rather than purchase the appropriate fuse. I was able to purchase appropriate fuse but still have a nothing going on there. Other than the 30 amp for the A/C and the 10 amp for the heater ( I may have the order wrong) what other possibilities/ solutions do I try? For what it's worth, other than faded paint, the rig is in surprisingly good shape. No rust on the gutters, minor rust in the wheel wells and trail gate and a really clean interior.

This may only result in a bump for your thread, but the only time my blower fan has quit is when the 30a fuse had tripped and only needed to be reset. If you replaced the 30a then it would most likely be something different.

I would check the blower motor in the front passenger footwell and make sure it still spins. I hadn't used mine in quite awhile and it didn't work when I tried to use it. Turns out the blower was all seized up and wouldn't turn at all. I'm in the middle of replacing it now.

This may only result in a bump for your thread, but the only time my blower fan has quit is when the 30a fuse had tripped and only needed to be reset. If you replaced the 30a then it would most likely be something different.
does the AC light come on when button is pressed? You may also want to check the blower fan resistor in the duct work next to the accel pedal.

Heater/defrost fan switch problem(??)

Explain what the AC Amplifier does ?

Thank you all for the advice. I can confirm it is not the fuse. The A/C light does not light up, but I did pull the fan and hook it direct to 12 volt. It spins fine. Reinstalled the fan and it worked....most of the time. I'm thinking there could be a short in the blower motor. The resistor is my next option, but the fan seems to work on all speeds so I'm guessing that option is not real valid.

I'll keep you all posted and please feel free to share any other thoughts. Really appreciate all the help.

there should be a ground wire from the fan body to the firewall ? Toys use ground switched, instead of + switched.

Resistor block sounds like it is covered with dog fur, pull it out, and vac CAREFULLY.

The blower motor is protected by a circuit breaker, not a fuse. It's that little silver can on the right side of the fuse panel. Poke a paper clip in the hole at its top to reset the breaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom