Headliner! Any experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Dear all:
As my best man, living in Houston, TX, is coming to visit me in Greece, I'm looking to purchase a headliner unit from the US...
There is a choice from Cruiser Corps or Specter. Prices for the FJ45 Pickup look pretty close...
Any experience yet?
I would appreciate your valuable contribution!

Last edited:
Note that the OEM genuine headliner for BJ42 is available right from Toyota in Europe. It's a bit more expensive (I see it at 440€ right now but paid 380€ not so long ago) but this is OEM and anyway transporting a headliner in your luggages may be a pain.
Also available from Amayama for 225$ but shipping isn't free.

Note that the OEM genuine headliner for BJ42 is available right from Toyota in Europe. It's a bit more expensive (I see it at 440€ right now but paid 380€ not so long ago) but this is OEM and anyway transporting a headliner in your luggages may be a pain.
Also available from Amayama for 225$ but shipping isn't free.
I'm looking actually for the pickup' s headliner, so the volume is considerably reduced.

As it concerns the price, this is around $130/111 euros in both cases.

Merci bien cher flx en tout cas!

Last edited:
I used the headliner from SOR for a Troopy and was very happy with the material.
That's really good news mate!

Let see if there is any feed back on the Cruiser Corp's headliner.
If the quality is ok it could be of interest, as there's "free shipping for U.S. domestic orders over $99".

Last edited:
I have had a CCOT headliner for 8 years and I am very happy with the quality and fit in my 1978 FJ40. I did have some adhesion failure after several years but that wasn't related to the quality of the headliner.

I have had a CCOT headliner for 8 years and I am very happy with the quality and fit in my 1978 FJ40. I did have some adhesion failure after several years but that wasn't related to the quality of the headliner.
Thank you TEakins!
I bought the CCOT headliner too for my BJ42 in 2007 and I'm still happy with.
Unfortunately they don't offer such an item for the PickUp.

Let see if there any experience with the Cruiser Corp unit...

That's sad...
I guess you mean the Pickup, Michael.
Yes, mine is a 45 LWB pick up. SOR did not give me any trouble about returning it. They also did not have any answer as to why it was too short. My upholstery shop let me pick a material that was a very close match to the SOR item and custom made/installed my headliner. It was actually cheaper than the SOR item, even including the install labor.

Not for a pickup, but just did the cruiser corps headliner in my 71 FJ40 and was very pleased. The rear corners could be better, but I can’t say if that was because of my install or the liner itself. Really pleased with the material feel and thickness.

+1 for Cruiser Corps, pleased with how it came out in my’78👍

I would imagine any auto upholstery shop in any country would have headliner fabric, or get a few yards for you.

It seems that the Cruiser Corp item should be also an option!
Thank you Skreddy and tls3601 !

So, I ordered tonight the Cruiser Corp headliner.
Thank you mates for your contribution!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom