Headlights won’t turn off (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2007 fj 100 - my headlights are off when the car is on no matter what is dialed in on the switch (on off drl), once I turn the car off the headlights come on and stay on. The switch will not turn them off nor will the remote.I have a leak on the drivers side foot well dead pedal and we just had a huge rain. I am guessing something got wet, shorted out or coroded ? Any ideas? Thanks in advance Chris

As far as the leak goes I ran weed wackier string down the drain holes but think it may be the window since it was replaced last year.

Thanks again
C

Drl module wet? I know there is a way to modify the drl module and add a switch to the wiring to turn them off/on at your leisure or disconnect them entirely. Are your tail lights on all the time too? Or just headlamps. I know that with my drl's, if i drive and then park/idle and turn the lights off- the drls will remain on till i turn the ignition off. (Normal ops) When i start up, i either have to put my emergency brake down or shift for the drls to come on (forget which). Once on they dont extinguish till i turn ignition off. (Normal ops and why im going to be adding a switch when i find the time to do it cleanly).

My lights go off when I lock the doors. May try that as a temp fix.

Drl module wet? I know there is a way to modify the drl module and add a switch to the wiring to turn them off/on at your leisure or disconnect them entirely. Are your tail lights on all the time too? Or just headlamps. I know that with my drl's, if i drive and then park/idle and turn the lights off- the drls will remain on till i turn the ignition off. (Normal ops) When i start up, i either have to put my emergency brake down or shift for the drls to come on (forget which). Once on they dont extinguish till i turn ignition off. (Normal ops and why im going to be adding a switch when i find the time to do it cleanly).
TheDan - this is a possibility thanks for the tip. To answer your question it appears that just the headlights are on not the tail lights. Going to the shop tomorrow. Ill keep the group posted. Thanks Chris

Ultimately I had a leak in my recently replaced windshield that got the DRL Module wet. I dried it out with a heater for a temp fix then had the windshield leak fixed. No problems since. Thank you all for your input, Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom